[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 Cox Cheetah

1/24 Cox Cheetah

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

1/24 Cox Cheetah

Postby bozcorp61 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:31 am

Hi All
I am after a bit of info, what was the correct motor in a 1/24 cox cheetah and is there anywhere i can get hold of a copy of the assembly instruction sheet.
Thanks Greg
bozcorp61

Re: 1/24 Cox Cheetah

Postby chrisguyw » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 am

Hi Greg, As olskoolslotz mentioned the TTX-250 was the most common motor found in the 1/24 Cox Cheetahs'.......however, the Team Modified Cheetahs' were equipped with the Cox 36D Nascar motor (3500).

Both of these motors are available as NOS from a variety of shops (Prof. Mtr./Mid America/PCH/Electric Dreams) to name a few, and are affordable.

Cheers
Chris Walker
Last edited by chrisguyw on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:32 am

Greg, glad one of our members was able to provide you with the specs that you were looking for. I was ready to go downstairs and have to open up the box of my NOS COX factory assembled piece to photocopy the paperwork. Are you running the Cheetah you have? The COX cars were so cool when they came on the market with their Magnesium chassis and wheels, super detailed bodies, ect.
Hope you have lots of fun with yours... Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi Greg, If it helps, I have attached a pic. of the 2 types of 36D motors that Cox offered in their 1/24 sports car range.

Most (95%) of all their cars came with the TTX250 motor pictured on the left,......while the more rare "Team modified" kits were supplied with the "Nascar" 3500 motor on the right. The Nascar motors can be distinguished by the oval opening in the can, the shorter (appearing) can with its rounded can end protrusion, and the rounded top/bottom of the endbell.

If your chassis has a brass "U" shaped clip to secure the motor...the "correct" motor is the TTX250,.....if your car came with a separate stamped aluminum motor bracket, the "Nascar" is the historically correct motor........if you are at all concerned about being "correct". ;)

Despite the "Nascar" looking shorter, the outer dimensions of both are the same, and, either motor will fit in your car.......and of the several I have owned/tested/raced, they perform similarly, although the "Nascar" was touted to be a better performer.

The 2 examples on the top of the picture are NOS examples, while the 2 on the bottom have been extensively modified/rebuilt for vintage racing.

As previously mentioned, these motors in new condition are quite easily obtained.

Cheers
Chris Walker

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bozcorp61 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:40 am

Hi All
Firstly thanks for the replies, and all the info. Firstly Ernie I am going to run this car,it is a car i found in an old 50 cal ammo box in a shed. The car is complete minus motor and clip, it also has a bit of a dent in the roof that i will try to get out nothing serious i just want to try and bring it back to straight and useable. You can go to your box of bits and send me a copy of the paper work if you like , that would be great.Will PM my email if you can do it.
Chris---Thanks for the detailed info,Parts for these cars aren't as easy to come across in australia although i have seen some 36D motors recently and after a quick look your right on the money about parts in the states, prices are reasonable as well. The motor clips seem to be in the same category as rocking horse poo, just have to make one i guess.
oldskoolslotz Not sure all ive got i my screen is ...
I will try to learn how to post a photo so i can give you a look at the car. I am a bit ordinary with doing some of this computer stuff.
THANKS FOR THE HELP
Regards Greg
bozcorp61

Postby bozcorp61 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:08 am

bozcorp61

Postby Mseitz » Sun May 01, 2016 7:43 am

If you still want cox instructions go to vsrnonline.com
You can download instructions for most all Cox cars and many others.
Great source for vintage slot cars.
Mseitz

Postby bozcorp61 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:49 am

Thanks Mseitz found that site a while ago, lots of great info on that site

Greg
bozcorp61

Return to Vintage Slot Cars