[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Show-Me Showdown Fast Lap Qualifier

Show-Me Showdown Fast Lap Qualifier

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Show-Me Showdown Fast Lap Qualifier

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:43 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Show-Me Showdown Fast Lap Qualifier

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Wow, didn't realize how large of a field there would be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Ok results in!

After a quick warm up we ran 1 minute heats in the red lane. This is the "hot" lane on our track with track records being held on it.

I had a couple offs, so explains lap counts. But Norb has a fast one.

But honestly they are ALL FUN TO DRIVE!

Had a blast, you all built some GREAT running models.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:46 pm

Pretty neat! Love seing all these builds.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby pastor bubba » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks for running them and will look forward to tomorrow's activities.
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:44 pm

WoW! Thanks for the great qualifying run! That is a tremendous field to be part of!

A few thoughts:

1) Harry showed that not only can he build, but home track advantage is the rule: a 2.71 is a full tenth faster than Norb and 23 laps is a full lap ahead. That thing obviously hauls the mail!
2) Look at how close #5 to #11 is! That means this is anyone's game in the real races from that bunch!
3) I'm honored that RMS had cars in #1 and #2 - those boys sure know how to take the weight out of those crude resin bodies! Nice work boys!

Pretty impressive!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 pm

Just goes to show how cars run different at different tracks. Itchie's entry is quicker than mine here at the Dungeon, but at the HRW headquarters, mine seems to be quicker.

Still, a great line up, and some awesome looking cars. Well done everyone!!! :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby RazorJon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:35 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Gentleman Norb » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:00 am

Great job guys. The field looks Awesome!
It will be hard to pick a winner from that lineup.
Thanks to whoever was driving my car. You obviously did a great job.
Enjoy yourselves tomorrow and run them hard.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:24 am

I have to admit, the possibility that we might lose power and internet tomorrow brought one thing to mind... I might miss seeing this unfold as it happens!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:41 am

Oh Man! Last again? Either I still haven't figured out how to build an oval racer, or you guys are all picking on the only Canadian in the event, eh?

Oh well, the orange Camaro that I entered last year won a few heats on Luf's Targa tonight. Some consolation.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:45 am

Glad you guys liked it. All the cars are cool but the entry from BD Sharp just deserves kudos. The reason why is because it is his first build.

For a first time builder to create a nice model like this should hopefully inspire anyone to take a crack at building.

But several of these cars are from new builders, and as Doc pointed out, the times are so close anything can happen tomorrow.

And I tip my hat to Pastor Bubba. His second year and he really made a improvement in his tuning. Smoother than last years, and it is really fun to drift.

Remember, tomorrow they will see all 4 lanes and various drivers. With all the rubbin' and racing the results will be heavily mixed to say the least.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bdsharp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:50 am

I just logged on to check results from last night, and hey!, number 2 qualifier! Funny thing- I had already picked out Norb's little blue Comet as my favorite, so losing to him is almost a treat. That car just speaks to me. You're very complimentary, Harry. Yes, this is my first larger-scale scratchbuild, but I have some brass-soldering experience, so I did have a little bit of a head start.

That's a fine field of cars, and I'm proud to be a part of it. I'm looking forward to following today's action.

Brian
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bdsharp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 am

What about that red-over-black #7 car? It's not on the entries page, but looks like it means business. Can we see more?
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:13 am

Well, you are correct. That is my friend Locoracer Tom and somehow never got around to photos. Will remedy that.

Folks are in route, things going to get busy around here fast.

Stay tuned.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!