[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Circuit Genovia

Circuit Genovia

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Circuit Genovia

Postby dge467 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:45 pm

The track looks great! Glad to see the kids having fun racing! Cool tip on the hay bales! What size is the weather stripping, and how well dose it work on the track? Do the cars slide on it well? Thanks!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:11 pm

That is shaping up great! Love the hay bails - those are very slick! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby vabchrog » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:16 pm

PN - 93695K56 for the foam boarders I'm using
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-adhes ... m/=10qpw3n

Cars slide very well and I really like the color and texture
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slowdogracer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:11 pm

To me it looks like the red and white car is a Jaquar.
slowdogracer

Postby vabchrog » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:18 pm

It is a JAG. Good article and phot of the car.

http://www.legendsofnascar.com/Al_Keller.htm
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Roger - loving the track and it is great to see the kids having such a good time!

One thought: seal the hay bales. You may get visitors if you don't.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby vabchrog » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:04 am

vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:37 pm

So did they use straw or hay bales on race tracks in the 50's :?:
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:23 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby hoganracing » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 pm

Al Keller's Jaguar that ran (and won) on the road course at Linden airport in Linden, New Jersey, in 1954.
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby hoganracing » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:05 pm

That may not be the first foreign car to run in a Nascar event since there were 13 Jags, 5 MGs, an Austin Healey and a Porsche in that race. [http://racing-reference.info/race/1954-18/W]
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby hoganracing » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:24 pm

Oh yeah, the track and cars look great.
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby vabchrog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:53 pm

Here is photo of the side road I added.

And here is a long shot of the track on the kitchen table with two cars on autopilot for August.

I am waiting on some foam putty to see how it works for a berm. I have been researching woodland scenic's foam products to see what I can use.

Since my grandson become so engrossed with the TJETS I have pondering how to make the scenery 2 year old proof :) I may have to build a simple oval with lego buildings for him. I ordered several different sizes of standing figures from 1:150 to 00 to see how the sizes compare, 2 more packages from china to go. I'll post some pictures when I get them all. I also found Fire Extinguishers and Crowd Control fencing at Shapeways.com I need the figures before I decide on what size I want. I also found some metal etching 1/72 crowd Control fencing on ebay. Once I get how I want to make the berms down things should speed up.

I am very disappointed with the Grand Prix cars I haven't gotten one to run the way I would like. Now the skinny wheeled TJETs they have been a pleasure retune and get on the track I have an idea on how to make the Ferrari shown in the video and a Panhard Monopole so those will be the first two new bodies I make this year.
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Looks great! Glad to see the little one having fun!
dge467
The King of Foil

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale