[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A.C Gilbert Grandstands

A.C Gilbert Grandstands

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

A.C Gilbert Grandstands

Postby dge467 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:50 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Re: A.C Gilbert Grandstands

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:55 am

That is an AWESOME score!
Looking forward to seeing it assembled!
:dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:44 am

I'm happy it found you as the owner. You will do it justice.

Good score indeed.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BIG E » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:56 am

Yeah, Harry - he walks up to my table at the Classic Plastic model car show in MA and shows me that baby! Guess I took too long setting up my vendor booth that morning and missed out on scoring that one! :>) It was cool to finally meet both Jeff and his Dad that day. Better that he gets it anyway, 'cause like you said - he'll do a nice buildup on it, while I just woulda put it in a plastic bag downstairs with the rest of the slot car menagerie! Lookin' forward to seein' the completed project. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:16 pm

That is a very scarce animal! Huge score for $5.00! You WILL post pictures, understand? :angry-tappingfoot:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Nice one Jeff!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:09 pm

That is a SMOKING deal on that. I've chased one before and it went way over my budget. If all the parts are there, you are a lucky man. Build it and proudly put it on your layout.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:27 pm

That is a super deal indeed.
I love that the back side is the refreshment stand....I hadn't thought about doing that but that works in real life often enough that I will take advantage of it when I get to scenery.
Very much looking forward to the finished product!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Where do you think I got the idea for this 12 years ago? Image
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:35 pm

I dunno Dave.........I give up??? :think:

Looks like an Artin conversion.......which is what mine was going to be. Nicely done.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Exactly what it was. But the Gilbert was the inspiration. Gave them to a neighbor kid I gave a track to when I routed the PDR.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RichD » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:41 am

AC Gilbert stuff was "O" gauge, 1/43rd. You can buy figures that are the same scale and the grandstand will look OK if you don't have 1/32nd scale cars parked too close.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:32 pm

WOW, new motivation to get down on my old knees that those shows in Michigan!!

Can't wait to see it on the track!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:37 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Cartrax » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Wow, nice.
Cartrax