Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: INSANE SPEEDWAY

Postby Gentleman Norb » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:52 am

Track looks great! Congrats.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby midmoslts » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Well today I'd the day. I'm out of surgery and everything went good. Recovering in my tool any getting ready to take a nap so I have the energy for PT latter.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:21 pm

:) I am glad to hear this. Now go nap and let the happy gas wear off. See you soon.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Just did a few laps around the hospital wing with the PT gal. She said no one does 2 laps soon soon so she says I'm doing great.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cheater » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Good new's man.

Cheater
Cheater
I've got Major Medical

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:02 pm

Get well quick!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby BIG E » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Really like the design of the HO track, I'm sure you've had lots of fun on it. Sorry to hear you're leaving us HO guys, but I can see the "big" track is gonna be a blast to drive! Maybe after the dust settles, you might find yourself building a small HO track again, just so you can still run all your HO stuff. It doesn't have to take up that much room to still be FUN!
Best of luck with the new track and racing series... Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:14 pm

HO track is still there Ernie. I might bring by the new INDYCARS next time.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:49 am

Yesterday Insane Speedway went green. I replaced all the light bulbs in the basement with LED's. Above the track I went with dimmable and all the others are non dimmable. We stopped at Menards yesterday after a doctor appointment in Jefferson City and found LED bulbs on clearance cheaper than I had ever seen them before.

They are 450 lumen, 3000k, and only use 6 watts. The dimmable bulbs were $3.00 each and the non dimmable were $1.65 each. We bought all of the non dimmable that they had on the shelf and liked them so much that last night we went online and ordered 36 more for use in the rest of the house.

All in all this will replace 70 bulbs that were mostly CFL, but not all of them were. It will be interesting to see what affect this has on the electric bill after they are all replaced.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:18 am

I'll fire up that nice grill you have next time. You know, to save energy :)

Not switched to LED yet, but a good idea.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Harry,

I've got 2 grills and a smoker. Save all the energy you want, but you have to race too. Don't take it the wrong way. I like to do things that are good for all of us and saving money in the long haul is a bonus for me, but I wont spend all my money to make it happen. When a good deal presented itself I felt it was a good opportunity to do something good. At $12.00 each it's not gona happen.

Razor Jon went Insane today. We played and had a good time running everything we could find. Then I decided to do a 50 lap race. Gentleman rules applied just as a normal fun run kind of thing. Lane 1, LocoRacerTom. Lane 2, Chance (10 year old friend of my son's that lives down the street and races with us on a regular basis). Lane 3, RazorJon. Lane 4, me. Lots of friendly rubbing and paint trading along with some hard core nerfing. At the end of the 50 laps Chance came out on top. Damn, kids sure have good eye hand coordination.

Jon also brought my Tire Razor along. That was the number one item on my Christmas and birthday list and the wife was ok with getting one for me. So now I can say I am part of the Razor nation. Time to get to work on some tire truing not to mention making some from scratch. I have been told that the rubber in flip flops makes great tires and while it seems hard to believe I'm going to find out. Dollar store flip flops and home turned rims hear I come. I will report back with my findings.

I got my vinyl plotter out for the first time in over 5 years. Took a while to get it up and going again as well as remembering how the hell to do it. I will post some pictures of what I have been working on in a day or so.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Got the vinyl plotter going the other day and cut some vinyl for the Whisper Jets we use for IROC cars. Ok so I didn't finish the green car yet.

Also did some INSANE lane markers. I don't have them all on yet, but I have gotten them on in some of the key places. When I get to lean over again I plan on adding painted stripes too, but these will stay as well.

Then we have this from Razor Jon's visit. I have no idea what happened, but this is how it ended.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Somehow they look a lot better :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:05 pm

It was a good time with those whisper jets, they can take a beating
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy