[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A few "Strommie" builds

A few "Strommie" builds

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

A few "Strommie" builds

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:16 pm

I have always liked the Strombecker 1/32 cars, not so much for their performance, but for the bodies,...... although not as detailed as the current crop of RTR cars, they are generally very close to scale, and, apart from the Lotus 19 (it needs work),they capture the feel of the 1:1 cars extremely well.

I do have several Strombeckers (many still to be done), but the following are a few pics. of some on the shelf........If anyone needs more details on any of the following, I will be happy to provide more info.

Cheers
Chris Walker

Cheetah with BWA wheels/inserts, and a brass Strombecker comp. chassis. (As a kid I was working in a Toronto Slot car shop, and the owner had a Maroon Cheetah, and I lusted after that car!...........built more than 10 years ago, it is a tribute to him, and his Maroon Cheetah).

One of my favs., the Dino spyder

[Image

Ford J car

Ferrari 265P

Lotus 30

Another Cheetah...in Alan Green livery....this one was done before the Rev/Mon or Carrera versions were available.

The McKee Mk 10 (Cro sal olds), and the car Paul Newman drove in the movie "Winning"....this is on a modified AMT brass chassis, and is a very quick little car, easily holding its own with any of the current RTR cars.

My fav.,... The Lotus 19...this was done to replicate Stirlings' car from the 1961 Players 200 at Mosport. It has had a fair amount of body work to help cure some of the Strombecker inaccuracies, and, uses a modified Strombecker "Scuttler" motor mounted in a brass plate "period" chassis....A really great car to drive around!!

And the RS 61....details on the RS-61 thread. (I painted this to replicate an actual vintage livery I found online......I should have done it silver.....!!!)

Last edited by chrisguyw on Sun May 06, 2018 7:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: A few "Strommie" builds

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Gorgeous. What a great finish gloss. I did a flock of them a few years ago, and I agree, they are a blast to "fix up".
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard!
Absolutely lovely....if you hadn't said they were Stroms I would have guessed resin bodies.
I've done 2 so far, the D-Type on the ROAR proxy and a Testa Rossa. I have a couple other D-Type bodies around that I may try my hand at.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:11 pm

Beautiful work on these!!! Awesome!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:24 pm

Those are Fantastic builds! I love the Strombecker cars, and have never seen them look so good.
Nice job on all of those.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Just a great looking set of cars! I like the Ferrari 265P best..........but then............I like Ferrari best, too............!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VenturaAlfa » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:22 pm

you have really done these cars justice. They stand out. I agree that the blue on the Porsche looks great. There are already plenty of silver ones out there.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:14 pm

WOW, what an amazing job you have done!!!!
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:03 pm

:text-coolphotos:
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:23 am

Fantastic cars!!!!!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby loosewheel » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:26 am

Great paint jobs! What do you use for screen on your cars? It really adds to the realistic feel.
:o
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:25 am

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:17 am

W O W !!!
Those are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BIG E » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:32 pm

I would be proud to call any one (or all!) of those builds my own!
Very, very nicely done! Enjoy the fruits of all your labors with those babies on the track.
Again, super jobs on all the cars. Beautiful! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Vintage Slot Cars