[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Racer Sideways Porsche Kremer 935K2

Racer Sideways Porsche Kremer 935K2

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Racer Sideways Porsche Kremer 935K2

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:56 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Racer Sideways Porsche Kremer 935K2

Postby chappy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:17 pm

Nice review Harry, ireally like the livery too.
I think my favorite thing about the Racer Sideways Grp 5 cars, is this.
Since the first one hit the market , right up to current, Sideways has maintained the same technologies on each car ensuring a competitive field.
For our club it means we can buy the new releases and not have to worry if they are better than the previous releases.
This is a real plus in my books , that a lot of other manufacturers should take note of.
Keep the series the same in motors and chassis tech so they can remain competitive with each other.
A big thing in my purchases.
And yes Slot it are much the same since any new developments most often include the spares to upgrade the older models for a very modest price.
Of course that is just one mans opinion.
The General, has great taste by the way.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:50 pm

Thanks guys.

Well Bob...it's a big deal. You are your club are just a few of many who feel the same way. I do as well.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HRWJim » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:33 am

I will throw my two cents in that these are great cars. I have done the motor change and they are perfect for a small track. I am a big fan of group 5 and just might have to pick this one up. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Decided to have some fun this evening and tune this car to match the rest.

I did try the "Hard as nails" adhesive Paul talked about. I went over to "that area" in Wal-Mart and found it quickly, and left.

It goes on nicely and I let it sit about 1/2 hour.

Razor time. I use 1500 grit and took my time.

Remember that if you use a slightly larger tire, you will need to sand the inner sidewalls a little. These anglewinders don't give you much room so in order to fit a little more meat underneath, you sometimes have to massage things.

MT5 is our motor of choice for these car on our track. Everything else but the PG tires is stock.

I mount the motor using the lowest setting to make sure it clears the interior and to get it as low as possible for balance.

Not bad times: 3.82 average after a few 25 lap heats. That is very consistent with others in the class around here.

Fun time with this car this evening. Runs like you would expect.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby noddaz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:38 pm

And just where was the "Hard as Nails" used on the car?

Front tires?

Just wondering..

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:16 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Great tip on the tire adhesive Harry, I never even thought of it.
Tomorrow , I will go, to, the post office which happens to be at the back of the pharmacy lol.
So the hard as nails is better than just nail polish ?
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby noddaz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:36 am

Ahh HA. Very good. Thank you for that tip.

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:24 am

You are welcome.

It seems a little tougher/stronger than regular polish Bob.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby loosewheel » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:16 am

How easy is it to remove the tires after using it?
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 am

Easy as in can you remove them without damaging the tire? You can, but likely the insides will tear, leaving some urethane/adhesive on the wheel you must clean off.

But when I mount them, they are on there until they wear out. Which takes quite awhile. So tearing a worn out tire does not concern me.

Removing the tire is easy enough to me, but you will need to pull on them with a little force as this product does what you want it to do.

Remember, you don't HAVE to glue them. Some racers do and some don't. I find gluing reduces the expansion and helps prevent the tire from excess roll in the corners.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby buspor63 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:21 am

Is the SH nail polish safe for plastic wheels, or is it to "hot"?
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:13 am

I tested it only by brushing it on some Ninco and Pioneer wheels. Did not eat/melt them. I don't normally glue to plastic so I just tested it on aluminum wheels.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Slot_It_bob » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:45 am

Will the SH Hard as Nails work with Silicone tires just as well?
Slot_It_bob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!