[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot.it Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro

Slot.it Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Slot.it Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:28 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Slot.it Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Some of us (I bet you are one of us, Harry), see "Audi" and "Quattro", and read, "screaming crazy fast rally car that may eat spectators who are stupid". This is a new reality for the name.

You know, it isn't going to be long before we are all learning a new LMP vocabulary of electric race car nomenclature because of Audi, Mercedes, and some others. Its coming.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Great Review Harry, and one wicked cool car!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby McLiams » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Poop. Before reading this review, all the RTR buys for the remainder of the year were locked in.

Fine review of what looks like another Slot It winner.

Mc
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Nice review Harry and thanks for the mention.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Great review, Harry! Guess who will be getting one of these..................... :D

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:49 pm

I was impressed with your video showing its road holding abilities Harry.
The laps kept getting faster too, right to, the last lap.
Aside from the tires did you do anything to it ie body float etc.
I havent had mine out of the box yet, as I am still studying the slot it info on it andnits parts.
it is a very nice looking car, and my purchase would have been based on the new technology alone.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Thanks all for the feedback.

Bob, nothing but double checking the wheels/gears for tightness and proper width. I always go through a Slot.it before any track time and check these items. I added a little oil to the usual suspects and backed off the pod screws just a turn or two.

Basically tried to keep it as box stock as I could aside from tires. No added weight or any chassis/body mods.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:20 pm

GREAT review!!! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dr fabio » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Has anyone tested this car back to back in 2wd and 4wd configuration? Would be interesting to see the results.
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Thanks Harry, knowing just the usual initial tuning is good.
I would also, think as the components break in, the car will get faster just like 2 wheel drive cars do
as they break in.
It certainly is a beautiful looking car, and seems to be well up to Slot its usual standards.
Another fine example of technology in our hobby, now if only they could incorporate Dave and Bobs
steering front wheels , lol.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:34 pm

I agree Allan, however I think it would need to be tested under a number of different conditions.
First off both cars would need to be broken in and tuned .
Set up would obviously be different for each car due tomthe nature of the mechanics.
Then the tests would need to be done on a few different tracks of the same base.
ie wood tracks , and different layout types such as technical vs long and fast etc.
I would really expect the 4 wd car to be better on the technical track and with shorter straights.
But then that is what the testing would determine.
The outcome will be interesting and educational, however I have bought the car simply because of the technical advances slot it has used.
I have the 2 wd version also so I could do a comparison, and I do have a digital tach to ensure the motors are similar in rpm. I will give it a tryout if I get time this week, although I am off camping for 5 days starting Wednesday.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:45 pm

It seems to me that if the 4WD Audi slot car is significantly quicker then it will be readily banned from racing with other LMP cars and relegated to being a one-off curiosity. It seems to me that back in the days when the original Audi Quattro made it's debut it was not long before it was banned from racing, like the Chaparral 2J and Andy Granatelli turbine car
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Product Reviews!