[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Crusin The Coast / Gulfport Speedway ver. 2.0

Crusin The Coast / Gulfport Speedway ver. 2.0

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Crusin The Coast / Gulfport Speedway ver. 2.0

Postby regalman82 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm

It's time i posted some picks of my re-do of my track. Two years ago i went from a Ninco digital layout to a routed track, and while i liked the track i knew i could do better. so here is the start of version 2.0. still the same layout but bondoed all the sections i did not like which was about half of the track.

Now all painted and taped back up and running laps again ! :music-rockout:

Backdrop finished and a little scenery

Long way to go yet but a fun journey

Blake
regalman82

Re: Crusin The Coast / Gulfport Speedway ver. 2.0

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Nice, Blake. I like the idea of using plastic track to plan an improved version in wood. Welcome, you are among friends here.

Back before Hurricane Camille, I lived near a beautiful little town just down the road from you. In fact, my mother worked at the Gulfport Sears & Roebuck (brand new store) for a year or so. The little town was wiped out by Camille, then again by Katrina and Rita and there's not much left of little Long Beach, but it was storybook kind of happy, tiny, town in the early 60s. My first slot car set came from the hobby shop in the Broadwater Beach Mall, one of the first shopping malls in South Mississippi. We moved over near the Louisiana line after that, and before Camille hit we had moved to Ontario, Canada.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby scatman » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Looks great Blake. All that is left is me beating you on your improved track. :laughing-rolling:
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:22 pm

Really like the track. I love the back drop. David R. had a similar one. I just don't have the guts to try it. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Blake - the changes look great! Hope it is a smooth and happy track to run on.

Jim - :animals-chicken:
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby regalman82 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Jim where do you think i ripped the idea for the backdrop from, I'm no artist so i had to copy a great work of art( :bow-blue: thank you David). And yes it is a much smoother track. Rob i hope you will be happy to know Long Beach has come back nicely from Katrina but it has almost been 10 years progress is slow here.

Thank you all for the nice comments and i will post progress pics as i go along.

Tony let me clean up all of my mess and we can run anytime !!

Blake
regalman82

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks, Blake. That's very comforting. The Google Earth and other's pictures are so awful. Its like that little town was wiped clean off the planet. We had plenty of hurricanes (Betty, Betsy, lots of others), when I was a boy, but nothing like that level of damage ever happened. I loved that place so much it is the setting for many of my short stories.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby regalman82 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:48 pm

Got two sections done. Woodland scenic shaper sheet for some rolling hills, very easy to do. Ninco guard rail painted with plastic cote and aged.

More to come

Blake
regalman82

Postby dge467 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Looking good! I like the bridge.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby regalman82 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:52 am

regalman82

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:57 am

Love the "progress" shots!
Looking forward to additional updates! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby J Y D » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:51 am

Nice layout ... love the bridge ... J Y D
J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby regalman82 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:04 pm

Not much done in scenery the last couple of weeks. Power is now AC from a vintage Lionel train transformer, nice upgrade just have to get used to not having breaks but love the control. Here are a couple of pics of the progress on the back left side of track.

Just to much fun driving to get much else done. :auto-driving:

Thanks for looking

Blake
regalman82

Postby dge467 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Looking good! :handgestures-thumbup:
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Jabbatee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Great job with the scenery! Love the rock wall border