[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Vintage Coupe Mod FINISHED!

Vintage Coupe Mod FINISHED!

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Vintage Coupe Mod FINISHED!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:16 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Vintage Coupe Mod WIP

Postby HRWJim » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Great idea on the step up on the chassis. Much better than bending it like we did on the 1/24 builds. Can't wait to see this finished. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:52 pm

I like it! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:15 pm

Looks pretty good to me! I think the exhaust is awesome!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:56 am

I sure like that step chassis design! I knew you would come up with a chassis that worked for these things!
Single post mount works great too.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:28 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback as always.

Progress tonight. Worked on front bar design.

Also had time to get one side bar installed. Nothing fancy and easy to solder. And as you can see I am not expert in solder. That's ok, it will look just fine when painted.

Drilling into the frame rail helps you a lot in these cases.

More work ahead but having fun and it's starting to look like something.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DixonJohn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:02 pm

I was wonderin if you were going to post tonight. All that hard work I figured you were plum tuckered out :lol: :lol: :lol: Looks good so far. Now as long as it don't 3 weeks to paint???
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby dreinecke » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:11 pm

That looks really great! The tip on drilling the hole first and inserting the rod for soldering is a good one!

That hoop on the front looks great!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:13 pm

2 weeks max :) I knew you were sitting on the edge of your seat waiting John...but I like to keep my audience riveted :)

Thanks Doc, that's how I cheat. I use a Micro drill (which finally broke after 5 years) to start the hole and then finish with a larger bit in my pin vise.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Well thanks guys.

But you got me beat by a country mile Dave. You and Bob are the guys I am trailing behind.

High standard to try and reach...but that is half the fun.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:37 pm

now thats what Im talkin about, A+ :text-bravo:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:55 am

That chassis is looking fantastic!, This is going to be one of the Great ones. I see I need to step up the quality of the bodies to match the chassis being built!
Great work Harry, I love it
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:36 pm

Well, not much progress. Finished the rear bumper and other side bars, need a clean up and paint job.

Installed the H&R Hawk as this is the motor that was agreed on for this series.

Lots more to do and I am very slow these last few days. But tomorrow I should have a finished rolling chassis :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:10 am

Looking REAL good Harry, cant wait to see the body color.That side bar treatment is nice, I have seen that style in a lot of early photos.
And you have nailed the look.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:19 am

Thanks guys.

Now remember, this is me we are talking about. Don't expect a great paint job :) Hopefully have time today for a chassis test.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!