[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Complete Northeast Mod build, Origami body and all

Complete Northeast Mod build, Origami body and all

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Laminated paper body build and info (Modifieds)

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Outstanding...just outstanding.

Thanks for this great effort sir. What a keeper. In fact, I think we should.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby turbokev » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 am

Thanks Harry :D

Please feel free to copy any or all of that for the oval racing section of the site.. I can send you a Word
document of it as well of the edited version.. I just changed the wording on a few things. It was late when
I wrote that and messed a few things up LOL..
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gentleman Norb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:52 am

Those cars are really nice!
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:15 am

They are very nice looking. The one in your build demo appears to be 1/24th scale. Have you done any in 1/32nd and do you have an example chassis/motor set up in 1/32nd?
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:26 am

All my cars are 1/32 Bob.

EDIT: to clarify.. The mods use a 3 1/4" wheelbase chassis meant for 1/32 scale cars..
I'm using S-can motors, 3/32 axles, slot it gears etc.. but if detailed measurements were taken
I think these cars I'm racing would be slightly larger than 1/32 scale (but definitly not 1/24)
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:27 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby rbianchi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Kevin,

Thank you for showing us how to make some great cars so simply. We really need to get you over here to race some more (or we could invade your abode)!
:text-bravo:
rbianchi

Postby turbokev » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks Harry~ :text-thankyouyellow:

Hi Bob.. Hard to get away without the kids and they are not quite ready for a day or racing yet (Cooper is real close)
I planned to be at SCC yesterday but I broke several ribs last week in a fall and driving is still painful..
I'm trying to secure a Saturday here for an invasion.. I like invasions LOL. I'm building one of these Mods for Cliff and
I've got a few loaners as well..they are a blast~ Hope to see you and the rest of the NE guys soon!
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ddyke » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Is there a blank template to make my own?
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm still not clear about the chassis. Is it available as shown or would I have to cut and bend some steel or brass?
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:47 pm

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:58 am

Hello Kev,

Some first class work there - well done! Thank you for taking the time to document and take pictures of the end-to-end process. The finished cars are very realistic looking!

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby J Y D » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:42 pm

These are totally cool ... J Y D
J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Complete Northeast Mod build, Origami body and all

Postby turbokev » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks all..

I just made a substantial update to the top post.. Moved some things around to make it more clear and
I added a section for the build up of the altered chassis that is available as well..

If anyone has an interest in these Mods, that post should just about cover everything..

Any questions, feel free to reach out to me~
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Complete Northeast Mod build, Origami body and all

Postby manchvegasracer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I can't wait to build one, or two, or more. Thanks for sharing Kev.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale