[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - It's back! The 2020 SCCA Proxy rules and reg thread!!!

It's back! The 2020 SCCA Proxy rules and reg thread!!!

Let's Go!

It's back! The 2020 SCCA Proxy rules and reg thread!!!

Postby wanabgts » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:45 am

Last edited by wanabgts on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:43 am, edited 19 times in total.
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: It's back! The 2020 SCCA Proxy rules and reg thread!!!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Zack, Thanks for picking up the reigns on this Proxy! I’m sure you’ll do a great job with it!

One suggestion that I would make is to limit it to one tire type and I would suggest that it be rubber.

Urethane and rubber certainly play better together than silicone and rubber, but it’s still not
A great mix. Urethane is constantly “sanding” itself during racing and the dust created, which can be pickled up by the rubber tired cars, can put them at a disadvantage. We have had several instances of rubber tired cars “glazing over” in rubber/urethane proxies. It’s a nasty knot to try to undue in the middle of a racing series.

So, I would go with one tire type only; your choice - rubber or urethane - but not both.

I would also suggest that you give racing number preference to those who raced in the 2018/19 series. Perhaps leave this preference open for 2-3 weeks, to give everyone time to see that there is going to be a 2020 series. Then, after that, move to a first come/first served number choice.

Maybe a due date of January 15th - letting everyone get past the Holidays.....(?)

We’d be happy to host a Round at The River Run.

Number 30, please - Production Class.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:42 pm

#3 please.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:53 pm

#97 please C/M Cooper Monaco.

Thanks
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:06 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:38 pm

I don't think guys had an issue finding rubber tires, I'm on a NSR classic that fit well. The Thunderslot tire should also work with this size wheel. I think a mid January arrival should work, as holidays are over and racing could start straight away. Also I feel that 1 car per entrant maybe a good idea also.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:56 pm

have monogram 250 gto/lm #30 im in
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:28 pm

63 Thankyou very much
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:02 pm

Zack, You need to get my PayPal address out of the first post on this thread - I’m already getting payments from racers which I now need to return.

Also, regardless of the racing class; modified or stock, you don’t want duplicate numbers since the two classes race at the same time (see docdoom’s request). Thanks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:04 pm

i can take 31 then easy to sticker over
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:20 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:52 pm

Zack,
You will have a very hard time finding decent rubber tires in the 8mm range. Thunderslot and NSR classic rubber varies between 9mm & 10mm.
Sure I can squeeze them with my calipers to 8mm but that doesn't make them 8mm tires. Most of the 8mm rubber tires that you see are meant to be front tires and they make lousy rear tires no matter what you do to them.
Ninco makes a decent rear that is 7mm but they have become hard to find, that is the reason the ISP Proxy started allowing urethane tires a couple of years ago.
Good luck with that.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:07 pm

I did some looking and they make Supergrips and slot.it tires that are both 8.5mm.

These may be permissable if we go the rubber tire route.

Thanks for your feedback Mitch. I will wait to make the decision so a few more people can chime in.

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm in Modified #112 7th in class 8th overall. Production #1 6th in class 23rd overall.

I hope to do better this time around. The #112 should just need some miner tweaking where the #1 will need a lot. 8-)

Now if drw21 runs that Cheetah again we may all be in trouble. Five wins :think:

My tires on both cars were NSRs the package said 8.5 but they passed tech. Not sure if they are over 8mm or not. Caliper is downstairs.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:49 pm

Zack,
I'll enter a GT40 #2 if it's available.
I'll also host a round, I think we ran the final round here last year. It was a great group of cars.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2020 SCCA Proxy