[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Resurrected Ho hollow core door 4 lane oval build

Resurrected Ho hollow core door 4 lane oval build

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Resurrected Ho hollow core door 4 lane oval build

Postby BRP32 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:11 pm

I finally decided to resurrect this Ho 4 lane oval build. I was unsure if I wanted a second Ho track but since I have the extra track why not go ahead and build it right? I already have a hollow core door out in the garage so I cut it down to six feet which is the length of the oval so forge ahead I will go with this 4 lane oval pictured below. Just need to purchase the track pieces missing as seen in the picture.

This 4 lane oval I am building with my additional extra track will fit on a hollow core door 2' wide x 6' long. As you can see I need to acquire one additional terminal track yet and 6- 1/8 radius 6" curves also to complete this new build. Should be another fun and exciting small track to race on when 4 cars are racing at one time!

I look forward to the build moving forward. Not sure what I will do for scenery just yet? I have some bill boards and trees I saved from my 1/32 track I just sold so they may find their way onto this race track? Power will be Tomy tripower packs and set controllers. Good enough for my needs and simple too.

I will add more pics as I move this onto the hollow core door and start doing scnery in the New Year.

Happy New Year!

Wayne :D

Last edited by BRP32 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ho hollow core door 4 lane oval build

Postby vins123 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi Wayne
it will look really nice and fun too
for your info: early Tyco made aprons or borders from u turn set which are direct fit to you outer lane 9 inch curve painted in black look really nice, eventually you will see some on my own layout...
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:53 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BRP32 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Sylvain,

I will have to look for those borders. I was going to use cork but I may reconsider now.

Harry,

That is exactly where I got my ideas from was Larry's article. He had some really great easy ideas for track builds.....
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eeprof » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Hey Wayne,
It is looking good!!!

It just needs a door underneath.
Greg
eeprof
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Hey Greg!

Yeah a door underneath it and a few more track pieces to complete it!!!!

:D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Looking forward to seeing the build up Wayne!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BRP32 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Me too Jeff! :lol:

It should be fun!

I will be able to run the 2 outer lanes now but need a few track pieces to complete the 2 inner lanes.

Once it is on the hollow core door it will store nicely along side the fridge and clothes rack out of the way when it isn't set up. I have a fold up table to set it up on for easy set up and take down.
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gonegonzo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi Wayne,

I have a TYCO 6 lane door Oval track . It is a fun track and offers great short course , paint trading competition . You'll love it .

gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Hey Gonzo!

Wow! a 6 laner? I'm sure it is a blast in such a small area like a door!

Post some pics when you get a chance.....

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:55 pm

Sweet deal on putting together an oval Wayne! Looking forward to seeing the updates! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby sweet » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Hey Wayne, I'll bet you never heard this before: "The checks in the mail". (really)

I also bought one of these, for an unbelievably low price.

There's a LOT of racing in this area of New England and New York, in all scales. I've been procrastinating for about three years, not anymore. The plan is to make your (now mine) Scalextric track into a 4 lane 12' oval, for building and testing 1/32 and 1/24 cars. and then have a "portable" 10' HO oval stacked (removable: Also for building and testing.) on top of that. I used to do a lot of racing in the 60's, and now I'm in my 60's...so it's time to get back!
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:42 am

ShotGunDave,

All my Ho track is Tomy from a super international set I purchased a few years ago so plenty of track for various track builds. I just need to pick up a few more pieces to finish the oval with. Your tyco track would make for a nice Ho layout also! You have the track why not build something with it? A small hollow core door Ho track doesn't take up very much space.

Larry, I am interested to see what you build with my scaley track and your super international set! You will have plenty of track in both scales to create with! Please post pics!

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby downtowndeco » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:41 am

Funny you should post this. Yesterday I laid out the track for a 8' x 3' oval. One end will use the banked corners & the other the standard 9" & 12" radius. 4 lane. I'm going to make mine so it hangs from the ceiling, then when I want to use it it will drop down & sit on sawhorses.
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:59 am

Looking good Wayne!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale