[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - More fun from around the small track!

More fun from around the small track!

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

More fun from around the small track!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:57 am

A little bit of vintage road racing recently from around the small track!

Modern Nascar rolled into town also.....

A special guest appearance by the King himself in vintage trim....

:D :D :D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: More fun from around the small track!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Thanks Dave!

So do you with your new track!

I am just favoring Ho currently more so then 1/32......

I like having a lot of fun and excitement in a small track......

:text-thankyouyellow:
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:14 pm

That top photo is nice, What's that 4 fords. May I ask what voltage you run ?
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi Austin!

Thanks!

Do you mean these below?

They are custom painted Torinos I acquired in the vintage nascar paint schemes. I have many more, just need to chassis them.

Or do you mean the GT40's and Cobra Daytonas in my bottom photo below? They are racemaster/tomy bodies rechassied on afx magnatraction chassis. The chassis they came with were just too fast for my small track.

As far as voltages go I have the Tri power packs for tomy/racemasters track where I can switch from beginner,intermediate and advanced voltages. Depending on the cars and who is racing them depends on what voltage I set the track at.

Hope this helps!

Wayne :D :D :D

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Great shots and still have to say that looks like a fun little course to run on! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Austin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:27 pm

Hey Austin!

I did buy the GT40s and the Daytona Cobras when they were selling them with the SRT chassis prior to their newer chassis out now. Yes the SRT chassis are just too fast on my little track even with the voltage turned down to beginner.

The AFX magnatraction chassis or the new AW xtractions will fit under these bodies and are much more controllable and drivable.

Now I mainly run t-jets, afx magnatraction/ AW xtraction, tyco pro, HP 2, HP 7 and curve huggers and what I do with the tyco nascars with 440 pan chassis I remove the traction magnets and turn the voltage down for a really fun series of cars to race!!!!

Thank you again!

Wayne :text-thankyouyellow:
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:05 pm

I always enjoy looking at your layout Wayne!I hope to get another HO layout set up this winter.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi Jeff!

Thanks again!

It is so easy and inexpensive to build my layout.

I acquired a hollow core door and cut it down to 65" in length so it would stand up against the basement wall when not in use and my door was 36" wide. They are about $20-$25 at Home Depot or Lowes or if your lucky on bulk trash day you can acquire one free! I put finished 1" x 4" around the perimeter of the door to contain the cars. I had acquired used tomy track inexpensively and configured it into the layout configuration to fit the 4 laner within 36" x 65". I took white bathroom caulk I had in the garage and dabbed it under the laid out track to secure it to the door. Great stuff expandable foam was used for the hills and scenery. I took an old sponge from washing cars and cut pieces and dabbed various colors of acrylic paint on the great stuff for scenery color. I used the sponge method to make the clouds also.The little trees were from Jo Anns craft store from after Christmas in the 75% off section. They were snow covered when I bought them but I spray painted them green. I purchased the vintage buildings inexpensively from our local slot show and I scratch built the pit garage.

Overall I think I have under $100 with everything pictured of my layout less cars. It was a fun little build!!!

Try it, you will like it!!!!!!

Take the plunge and get in on the fun!!!!!

You don't need a big layout to have a great time........

Wayne :D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:44 pm

What are the dimensions of your track? Table-wise. (See what I did there? I managed to get in a WISE reference!). :)
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:48 pm

My "Harry table Wise" dimensions are 36" x 65" plus the thickness of the 1" x 4" on either end for the retaining walls. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A nice light small manageable easily transportable layout!

Try it, you might like it!!!!!

Me likey!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:00 pm

More aerial shots...... :D :D :D :D As the crow flys......

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:05 pm

I need to throw this in for good measure also for those who missed the Burn out contest....

Nothing like a matching pair of tri-5's........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by BRP32 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Wayne - the track looks great and that Petty car...well I'm a sucker for that!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby BRP32 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:47 am

Hey David!

Thanks!!!!!

Yeah, that Petty car should have been made in 1/32 already......

Maybe some day....
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale