[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Lil' Cobra

Lil' Cobra

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Lil' Cobra

Postby dge467 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:01 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Re: Lil' Cobra

Postby BRP32 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Wow Jeff!

That one is a looker!

I love the paint scheme!!!!

Go little cobra gettin' ready to strike...... Go little cobra give it all of your might......Go little cobra, little cobra gonna shut you down.....shut you down....shut you down!!!!!!

I always loved AC Cobra kit cars! A buddy of mine worked at a body shop right around the time we were in college. There was a hot rod shop down the street at the time that built the AC Cobra kit cars. The body shop he worked at did all the paint work on them and my friend John at the time was the painter of them. Long story short he painted one to take to Carlisle, PA kit car show to be used in a photo shoot as the centerfold for kit car magazine back then. It was a yellow body with black stripes. A very nice car! I have pics of it somewhere from our trip back then. It was fun because I would go up after hours and on weekends when the shop was closed and we would work on our cars and I got to help him with the AC Cobra kit cars. Great times back then! Good memories.......It was another way of my learning process on how to paint that got me to where I am now in my career.

Anyways here is my "Snake Pit" below:

Mine are Johnny lightning T-Jets, and Dash T-Jet and AFX bodies. Yes I know a few need chassied yet!!!! It will come in time when I can afford more chassis!!!! :lol:

Wayne :D :D :D :D

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Very very hot ! That is a sharp looking car. Nice paint
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks! This one runs great. Wayne, that is a nice collection of Cobras!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:15 pm

I only own three Cobras myself, and all are Vintage.
Two are the Old Tyco-Pro, and although the nose aren't quite right, I still love 'em :)
And fyi- my third Cobra is a rather recent entry to my stable, and is an original (Tan) Aurora Thunderjet.

The Blue TycoPro Cobra's are pretty neat and fun to drive :D
Below- I have one of the Blue TP Bodies mounted on a 440x2 chassis for Drag Racing...

Image Tan Cobra...sorry, I haven't taken a better pic yet
Last edited by Ralphthe3rd on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Very Nice Ralph!

I use to have a pair of those old tyco pro cobras in the past.

One was blue and one was white.

Pretty neat because the tyco pro and afx cars are the cars I grew up with through the '70s.

:D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:29 pm

BTW Jeff, that Blue RRR Cobra is SuWEET :text-bravo: ...too bad RRR stopped making Resin Bods :cry:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:05 pm

That is one nice job you done on the cobar thanks for sharing.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Thanks again! Nice Cobra's Ralph. I have one of those Tyco Cobras and a couple of the T-Jets too. But the R.R.R is my favorite!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BRP32 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Road Race Replicas don't make bodies anymore?

I was never that familiar with them.....
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Road Race Replicas

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:32 am

That's correct, RRR stopped making ALL Resin Bodies over a Year ago since his move to Washington state, and as of now, every last resin body in his inventory is gone, and he doesn't have many resin Body/trim pieces left either. He is just focused on Decals, Wheels, and his Nu-Rora injection molded plastic bodies now...
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 am

What happened to all the molds for his resin bodies that he did make?
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale