[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A Special Willy's Coupe

A Special Willy's Coupe

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

A Special Willy's Coupe

Postby dge467 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:51 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Re: A Special Willy's Coupe

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Very cool!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Wow- that is so cool, both it's personal history to you, and the fact it's a super Cool Willys, one of my favorite cars of all time ! :D
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Great car and story behind the car!!Priceless..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Priceless indeed. Thanks for sharing this.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BRP32 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Hey Jeff!

Awesome story!

What a great memory to cherish of you and your Dad spending time together...

Wayne :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed it! Once and a while I get the old phart to race with me these days! He is eighty years young! :handgestures-thumbup:
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BRP32 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:28 am

Jeff,

That is awesome you and your Dad still race together at times.

I lost my Dad at 59 about 6 years ago and my Uncle passed about 8 years ago at 57.

The 3 of us had great times racing, building 1:1 cars, models,slots,fishing.

I really miss those days.

They were my buddies and best friends!

We did everything together....

I told my wife the other day I can only imagine how different life would be now if they were still here.

My uncle and I had plans of opening a hobby shop when he retired since he was a big Lionel train collector also.

My Dad and I would probably still be building 1:1 hot rods like we did years ago.

Cherish those days with your Dad.

You don't realize how much you miss them until they are gone.......

I am the last of the true gear head/ car guys in my family.

I have yet to find another family member or close friend who has nitro methane running through their veins like me.

Either your a car guy or not.

You are born with it!

Another great post my friend!

I wish we lived closer to race and enjoy all these great little cars on our tracks!

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:43 pm

I wish us motor heads were closer to each other. I probably get nothing else done!!! Glad to hear you are still carrying the torch Wayne! Sounds like you and your dad and uncle had some memorable times together!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BRP32 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm trying to carry the family torch.

Not so much in 1:1 cars anymore but at least in Ho and 1/32 slots.

I'd love to pick up another old 1:1 car project but time and $$ prohibits it currently with all the kids activities we are involved in.

Slot cars will have to suffice for now.

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale