[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - What happened to model motoring Ho?

What happened to model motoring Ho?

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

What happened to model motoring Ho?

Postby BRP32 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi guys,

Anyone know What happened to model motoring Ho?

I use to see these ho cars every where and now it seems they have become scarce?

Like the '67 GTX, '67 chevelles and gtos and the like.

Over the years I have heard rumors about the quality of the chassis not being so good along with questionable business practices.

Just wondering if they deal with only certain distributors or are they out of business completely?

Thanks for any info provided!

I always liked some of these more unique Ho bodies they had.

Wayne :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: What happened to model motoring Ho?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Well, I kinda hope they are getting scarce. I will be selling off all of mine, as my eyes and my fingers are just not up to the task of messing with HO anymore. All of mine are original TJets, so I don't know much about these latter day, non-Auroras.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Wayne, there were plans for them to release track and sets again, but there were significant quality issues around 1999-2000. I'd purchased a Donahue Camaro and the chassis was such a mess that I ended up putting an NOS chassis under it. I do remember at the time a lot of grumbling was going on from the HO guys. I do know that the bodies I had were very nice, but at almost $30, a non-running car out of the box was not going to do it.

I think the other thing that happened is that Johnny Lightning came around that same time and at t lower price point, plus they did the pull-back versions of their cars so bodies were plentiful.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Wayne,
If you ever get down to Mark's Model World in Canton, OH (Fulton Rd - right near the football hall of fame) - he carries a stock of carded Model Motoring cars all the time. The variety changes over time as he is at the whim of what his distributor sends him - but lately the mix seems to be made up of '65 Mustangs, '67 GTO and '68 GTOs. (there is normally 6-12 of them hanging on the wall at any one time)
:)

Oh - and if you do go - you may want to bring some cars to play on his nice smooth custom routed track!
(slow motion vid here showing it with the Racing Rig action from every other Wednesday: )

Happy hunting!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Yep still around, Russ at our local shop just got a bunch of stuff in for a few of the club guys and myself. I picked up the gto and 69 camaro.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby BRP32 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:50 am

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info!

I tend to see a lot of the more common model motoring bodies regularly like the willys coupe,'68 gto and notch back mustangs. But with AW coming out with the very same bodies those cars are not worth the cost in purchasing.

The more desirable cars like the '67 gtx and '67 chevelle and the like seem to be harder to find.

I just didn't know if they were still being produced or not.

Wayne :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:40 am

Wayne,
I don't think that the full spread is still being produced - but the '67 GTX cars look to still be available on the following web site: http://www.modelmho.com/store.html
(along with a couple different iterations of the Mustang)
Happy hunting!
:)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to HRW HO Scale