[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Latest DASH Updates....

Latest DASH Updates....

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Latest DASH Updates....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 am

DASH NewsFlash ! (From *Danny Tantrum himself) - > "2 lam arm is finally in production. the last batch of samples tested out at 16.7... these will be in stock in about a month."
"also in about a month we should have our T-Dash adaptation of the Atlas 36 coupe! ...and possibly another surprise."

*PS- Dan Cashmer's New Nickname, that he signs with, is "Danny Tantrum" :angry-cussingblack:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Latest DASH Updates....

Postby BRP32 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:10 am

Glad to hear we will be seeing an atlas '36 coupe again soon!

What is the surprise to go along with it?

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

DASH Armatures

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 am

One Caveat I want to mention, and this is NOT Meant to Dis The Dash Chassis or Arms - as they are very Nice arms....BUT, there is a Caveat. As a precaution, when you get a Dash Chassis(complete) or just the arm, do yourself a favor, and wipe on a small drop of CA(Super Glue) over the windings of the arm, to keep the wires in Place ! As recently, I've noticed the windings aren't as tight as first thought, and I've experienced loose wires tending to be thrown to the outside of the laminate with extended high RPM use. This is also a problem with JL/AW arms too, so it's best to CA those windings as well. Amazingly though, I've (personally) never experienced this problem with old Aurora Arms, even the 6 ohm Hi-Perf arms found in Wild Ones, Tuff Ones and the early A/FX chassis.

PS- to RichD, have you noticed any thrown windings in any of YOUR Dash Chassis or Test Arms yet ? I noted this problem on every Dash Arm I've used for extended periods, and they came from both early and later batches. :(
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 am

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:45 pm

That is good news on the availability - and appreciate the "tip" on the windings. I haven't done much with the JL / Dash chassis yet - but I am currently looking at possibly doing a Super Stock build with one of these and will make it a point to add a bit of CA as a bit of insurance, to the windings. Thanks! :handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby RichD » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:19 am

I have looked over all of the Dash armatures that I have and not found any loose windings. I have never had a problem with JL/AW windings either. What voltage are you using? I run my track at 18.5 volts. CA debonds at higher temperatures, if you must glue the windings use epoxy.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:26 am

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

'36 Ford Coupe Body(Atlas Copy ?)

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:23 am

BTW- the following photo is of the Original Atlas Ford Coupe Body.... and I'm not sure if the DASH version will be identical, ie- have the rear spare tire etc...
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:22 am

That is awesome!

It will be nice to have another coupe to race against the t-jet willys!

Thanks for the update....

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:37 am

:D GREAT NEWS FROM DANNY TANTRUM,
2 lam Armatures will be here around the 19th...

They will be available from:
Tom Stump
JagHobbies.com
SlotsnStuff.com
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:32 am

Ahem....Danny Tantrum posted the following teaser on Thursday nite >

"coming this fall...

...T-Dash Evo

Let the speculation begin on what that is... I'll release more 'official' details in a week or so."
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:57 am

The teaser that Danny Tantrum mentioned, of coming this fall, about a T-Dash Evo, brought out some speculation elsewhere, and my friend Rick asked Danny >

"T-jet chassis with snap-in axles and the magnet pockets deepened and cut out underneath to accept MT magnets.
--rick"

To which Danny Replied >
"hhhmmmmmm....... kinda, sorta.... no. except for the rear snap in axle."

And Danny Also replied, when asked if it was a Tyco Type Chassis >
"nope, it's definitely an evolution of the already released T-Dash, using many of the same parts.

By this time next year we will have at least 3 chassis:

T-Dash 'Classic' - Already released
T-Dash Evo - this year
T-Dash Slimline
Danny Tantrum..."

:text-goodpost:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:09 pm

I'm especially interested about the slimline, I always wanted to build classic formula ones and indycars !
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:42 pm

Update, DASH gives more Details on the T-Dash Evo Chassis >
Danny Writes - "...featuring a removable magnet that runs the entire width of the chassis.

There will be different strengths of this traction magnet available, as well as a brass insert if you want better handling over a stock T-Dash, but without the magnetic downforce.

This required a revamp of the electricals and this chassis will use Magna-Trac type electrical connectors on the bottom and will also use brush cups.

So the 'evolution' part is a T-Dash with what I consider better electricals, a snap-in rear axle and a removable traction magnet that can be swapped for a brass handling bar. It will come in different grades of motor magnet strengths and armature resistances.

In my mind I think of it as what the Ultra G could have or should have been.

I'll try to get a pic of the prototype sample up when possible. I just received the 3d printed sample, but it needs some tweaking.

:text-goodpost:
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:51 am

Really interesting. I'm wondering how it will be placed between classic tjet and magnatraction ?
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale