From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

i need in putTyco Pro Slot Car #2 Porsche

Postby OL Mike » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:35 am

Image thank you
OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: i need in putTyco Pro Slot Car #2 Porsche

Postby RichD » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:12 am

What exactly do you want to know about these cars? They were not as popular as Aurora cars so parts are very hard to find. The pickups wear out quickly, I don't know of any source for those. You would probably have to buy phosphor bronze sheet and make your own if you want to run the car very much. Riggen cars used similar pickups and reproductions of those were made a while back. Possibly reproduction pickups for those are available.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OL Mike » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:47 am

a guy sent me to 1/43 im looking find a home for them or can put in box for 30 years
OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

TYCOPRO PORSCHE

Postby BIG E » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Nice! One thing we can say about your example is that it is a good clean piece, "white boots" (OEM) rear silicone tires and all!
I'm sure someone would pay a fair price to add it to their collection of shelf queens.
They're usually found with beat up paint and decals, missing tires and/or wiped out pickup contacts.
Like I said, yours is nice and clean. They're pretty fast in a straight line, too -- once those pickups are shaped just right. :>)

Enjoy... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby seal666 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:00 am

Love the car, had one many moons ago. Have you thought of trying a tyco / mattel chassies under it. Ive had luck doing so with tyco hp7 (pickups hard to find) bodies, so think it may be a viable option
seal666

Return to HRW HO Scale