LATEST SHOW SCORE...

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

LATEST SHOW SCORE...

Postby BIG E » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Drove about an hour upstate yesterday so my brother and I could attend a big toy and train show.
I enjoyed the freedom of being a shopper for a change, and not having the responsibility of minding a vendor booth.
We were happy to find some cool slot stuff, for both our runner fleets and shelf collections!
My brother also found a few vintage Matchbox pieces to add to his childhood collection of those English die cast vehicles.
Here's one example from yesterday's finds...

Not that I needed another Aurora XK150 Jaguar roadster runner, I just couldn't resist the one we found in the rare "wine red" color.
I've already got a beautiful blue one in the fleet, but I don't ever mind adding more nice fun drivers to my T-Jet runner boxes!
The body was clean, needing only a replacement windscreen and a head for the driver bust.
Fortunately, I've got useable replacements in my body parts stash for a simple restoration.
These particular "vibrator" series Jaguar bodies fit right onto a standard Aurora T-Jet chassis, and because of their light weight, handle very well with just a pair of small slip on silicone rear tires. I'm thinking of using a set of Vincent (or perhaps old Tyco "S" series) wheels for this build to get that classic spoked wire wheel look, which is appropriate for this model.
A good smooth running original Aurora T-Jet chassis will of course provide the power.
This purchase came with a little bonus, as the previous owner had the body mounted to a complete Aurora "Tuff Ones" chassis, albeit with the small Aurora T-Jet stock size wheels, tires, and axles substituted for the wider rears and independent fronts "Tuff" set up. The chassis will go into the parts stash for building future runners that need a little more in the horsepower department!
Sorry no pictures for now, but I'll try to post one of this pair of "cats" together when the wine red one is finished.

Looking forward to seeing anyone coming to this Sunday's SUPER BOWL SLOT CAR SHOW here on Long Island.
Stop by the booth and say hello! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale