[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Anyone going to the Fray in Ferndale?

Anyone going to the Fray in Ferndale?

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Anyone going to the Fray in Ferndale?

Postby ChallengerGuy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Just curious if anyone is going to Ferndale, California for the Fray at the end of February. I will be there...should be fun!
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Anyone going to the Fray in Ferndale?

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 am

I'll post an updated 2014 set of pictures this year but for those who have never seen the Fray (and last year was my first year), here it is:

Cheers,
Mike
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 am

:) Thanks for sharing the picture and associated link!
Being as I am on the other side of the country, it is doubtful I will ever be able to get there - but that is quite a collection of tracks! Very cool!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:19 am

There are teams from as far as Florida and NJ/NY that show up. Others come from the mid-west and of course California shows up with a few teams too. It's a pretty awesome thing to take part in. Racers come in all shapes and sizes (and ages) and they are all amazing drivers. I can't wait for this year's event.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:27 am

My issue would be getting a team together to participate. I participate in the stock tjet races at the local commercial track - but there, you are only allowed to swap out the rear tires for slip-on silicons - no other changes are allowed... If I remember correctly the "FRAY" cars are pretty much a full mod version of the tjet. :)
It's too bad they don't broadcast it on one of the ESPN alternate channels or RFDTV (they have the I Love my Toy Trains show at least) - that would be VERY cool to see!!! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Agreed - the cars are full modified within the relatively strict fray rules. They are really works of art. I ended up selling most all of my HO collection to simply run a few race-prepped Fray cars. The competition is that fierce. However, to keep things sane, my local group races with stuff like this too:

Box stock AW cars...maybe a tire change if one is a real dog or out of round but that's it. Crash and burn is a lot of fun on a fray track with these.

Cheers,
Mike
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:05 pm

That looks pretty entertaining! Kind of the same concept as our box stock tjets The shop still has new in the package Model Motoring ones for anyone that wants to get one to join in and doesn't want to resurrect one from their youth or get one of the forums/eBay - so it makes for pretty even/close racing. And with those skinny little tires, driver technique DEFINITELY comes into play. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to HRW HO Scale