[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ho pro mod body

ho pro mod body

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

ho pro mod body

Postby rjdadrf@yahoo.com » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:19 pm

help, just pulled this body out of a drawer,fits AW 4 gear chassis.
do not know who i got it from, off of ebay. guy had a
lot of pro-mod bodies for drag racing. if anyone knows who
made this body please let me know.
email me at rjdadrf@yahoo.com.

thanks in advance.
rjdadrf@yahoo.com

Re: ho pro mod body

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Hairy Canary body or Bondoman I think.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby rjdadrf@yahoo.com » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:12 pm

how do i find Bondoman ?
thanks
rjdadrf@yahoo.com

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:37 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DixonJohn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:08 pm

lonestar racing resins.
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby BIG E » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:18 pm

When speaking to Jimmy Flintstone at the NNL East model car show and swap meet (his table was in the aisle behind mine), he handed me a beautiful HO scale '50 Merc Pro Mod body that is made for a T-Jet chassis. He has other styles, and also bodies that are for what are now called 4Gear chassis. Check his website for more info.

<jimmyflintstonestudios.com> Everything is listed, but for some reason the pictures are not posted. Try calling him, I guess!

Hope this helps... Ernie
Last edited by BIG E on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Ernie, are those "Other" bodies made for the 4-Gear Chassis or the "Specialty" chassis, as there is a Big Difference between the two ! ie- the old Aurora Specialty uses a Screw post mount, while the Auto World 4 Gear uses AFX Style Basket handles.
Last edited by Ralphthe3rd on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

HO PRO MOD BODY and AW 4Gear Chassis

Postby BIG E » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:42 am

Yeah Ralph, sorry I wasn't too specific on that. Like most of the other aftermarket guys, the bodies Jimmy are making fit the Auto World "4Gear" chassis.
As per my conversation with him at the show, he has bodies for the T-Jet type or the aforementioned AW Chassis.

I've only got three of the AW 4G's, a Top Fuel Dragster and the two Mustang Funny Cars from the John/Ashley Force AW drag strip set.
For the little I've played around with them on the Max Trax drag strip (at 20 volts 10 amps), I haven't been too impressed. Now that my buddy Tony has put the 1/4 mile into storage (and up for sale - call 516-655-5713 for info), the cars have laid dormant. There's a lot more I'd like try with them as far as pickup shoes, guide pins, motor brushes, tires, running with or without the traction magnets, ect. I'm looking for a smooth, consistent running car, and I'd like to hear more positive results from the consumers who'd just like to run them for fun -- as they are out of the box, on the AW drag strip set -- without performance issues to ruin their day. I realize that even then a pair of rear slip on silicone tires may be in order, so that's not asking too much of the consumer. Hey, maybe AW could set a new precedent and supply two pair of silicones (and an 18-22 volt power supply) with their drag race sets.
We can only ask, you never know! :>)

If I was still HO drag racing every week, I'm sure I'd be messin' around with the 4Gs and some alternate bodies a little bit more by now.
Jimmy had some photos on the website at one time, but for some reason, now there are none! A phone call may be in order.
Again, sorry for any confusion, I hope this helps explain things.
Just for the record, the body pictured in the original post doesn't look like the Flintstone version.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !! :>) -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: AW 4-Gear(Ernie)

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:19 am

Ernie, I hear ya on the AW 4-Gear chassis, they really kinda suck in stock form, as all my AW Ultra-G T-Jets will beat them. And if you ever pick up the rear end, and rev a 4-Gear, they sound like a Box of Rocks shaking !
Personally, I much prefer the original Aurora Specialty chassis, even the Non MT versions, although the first (non Screw ones) had issues....but I found even THOSE issues could be solved with a bit of Safety wire wrapped around the back of the chassis. :handgestures-thumbup:
Anyway, thanks for the reply :)
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Ralph -- You got it my man, gimme the Aurora A/FX Specialty chassis any day!
I'll give ya a shout if I come up with any cool aftermarket bodies for them... HAPPY NEW YEAR !! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale