UPPER OHIO VALLEY TRI STATE AREA

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: UPPER OHIO VALLEY TRI STATE AREA

Postby gonegonzo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:50 pm

tusco ,

Our first race is on Saturday November 23rd , 2013 . Doors open at 1pm for test and tune . races will start at 4 pm .

Classes will be : Outlaw Modifieds , Fairground Stockers on the oval and Pure Stock Trans Am on the road course .

Rules can be found bu joining the Yahoo groups "Outlaw Modifieds " . The modifieds are AW T-Jet based while the fairground stockers and trans am are Aurora T-Jet based .

I hope you can make it .

gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Gonzo,
Thank you for the heads up!
I'll have to see about joining that Yahoo group and getting my hands on the rules.
Not sure I have anything that will fit into the modifieds as I think I only have one AW T-jet kicking around and it is bone stock still in the package - but I may be able to come up with a car for the fairground stock and T/A series dependent on the rules / restrictions. :)
Thanks for the heads up!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby gonegonzo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Easy Fix Tusco . We have some loaners for your first visit .

Rules are simple and meant to be .

Outlaw Modifieds : AW T-Jet chassis ( stock as a rock ) no mods . Can add slip on on the rear and O rings on the front . Body is to be cut to reflect the modifieds of the 60's 70's . Camaros , Mustangs , Willys Coupes etc .

Fairground Stockers : Stock Aurora T-Jets chassis ( Stock as a rock ) Can add double flanges wheels front and rear , can add wide tires in rear ( must be T-Jet size ). Windows can be removed , wheel wells can be opened for tire clearance only , body can be lowered but tires cannot come thru tops of fenders .

Pure Stock : stock Aurora T Jet chassis , Absolutely no modifications what so ever . Tires are limited to stock (rubber) T-Jet tires . If you don't have tires , the club has a supply that are for sale .

All of our classes are set up as affordable FUN classes including our tracks which are small (4x8 max but mainly door slabs) . besides offering a level playing field on competition , it reeks of nostalgia .

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Gonzo -
Thank you for the quick summary - my T-jet cars that I run at Mark's fall into the Pure Stock with the only addition being slip ons. I may have to look at finding my original tires or worst case, picking up a set or two from the track.
I am assuming, that the with the slip ons, the same cars would be allowed to run in the fairground stock class correct?
For the Outlaw class, I have a couple partially hacked up bodies that I had gotten with some "lots" I bought on line - from the sounds of it - one of those might fit the bill for that class and my bone stock chassis right out of the still sealed jewel case ought to be spot on for the drive line from the sounds of it. :)
Sounds like it could be some good fun racing with everything being limited to very few mods. (similar to the racing I do on Wednesday nights - makes for close and fun racing!)
Looks like I need to start working on dusting a couple cars off! :)
Thank you for the info!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby gonegonzo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:01 pm

RichD ,

I'm sorry for the long delay in getting back to you . Thank you for your reply back on the brown oval track . Ed Bianchi , isn't he the inventor of the Slide Guide ? Are the cars on that track Slide guide equipped ?

I find it interesting that the underside has a 1/43rd scale track on it . Does your group race the 1/43rds as well ? Do you have any pictures of the 1/43rd track ?

I am somewhat familiar with your group HOCOC . I've spoken to Al about your club and it's similarities as to ours . I admire HOCOC's concepts and management and the fact that it's been together for so long .

Thx for your reply ,
Tom DeLauder ---- AKA/ Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW HO Scale