[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - UPPER OHIO VALLEY TRI STATE AREA

UPPER OHIO VALLEY TRI STATE AREA

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

UPPER OHIO VALLEY TRI STATE AREA

Postby gonegonzo » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:37 pm

I hope I'm OK posting this in this section . It is HO related .

There is a new group being formed to race OVAL cars using Aurora and AW based cars . They will include Modifieds , Fairground Stockers , and Pure Stock Aurora T-Jet based vintage NASCAR and Trans Am for a support class .

All races will be of a Crash and Burn or Last Man Standing format .

The cars will be limited to slip on silicones with the exception of Pure Stock which will retain standard rubber T-Jet tires . This will allow for an affordable race car and level the playing field at the same time . Also , an effort effort is being made to bring the racer back to a simpler time when we went down the street to do a little "rug burn'n " with our buddies . We called it road rac'n back then .

The tracks will be limited to small section track based bull ring ovals . 4 X 8 will be the Max with the norm being slab door ovals . The trans Am cars will be raced on either sectional or routed tracks ( track owners choice) All of this is to add to the nostalgia .

e-Mail me for more information : vintagetin50@yahoo.com

Thx ,
Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: UPPER OHIO VALLEY TRI STATE AREA

Postby RichD » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:33 am

Here in the Northeast HOCOC has a number of classes for oval type cars and we like to run a few strictly oval events each year. We only have a couple of oval tracks available or we would do more of that sort of thing.
Be sure to post some pictures of your cars and tracks!

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:13 am

:text-goodpost: Gonzo, that sound cool :handgestures-thumbup: and I love THAT type of Racin' :dance:
I just wish we lived close...as I'd be there Every Race !
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:59 am

That might be worth a road trip to participate in the "Trans Am" as I have a Camaro T-jet from back in the day that I run at the local commercial track on the road course where the only allowance is slip on silicone tires. :)
Will be interested to hear the locations/times of the events to see if I can make any of them.
Sounds like a fun format! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby gonegonzo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Rich ,

Nice tracks . Is the brown one a routed or sectional ? What is it's size ? I've seen some HOCOC posts . Seems like an active group .

Ralph ,

Thx for the reply and regard .

Tusco ,

Where would you be driving from ? Our first race notice is coming out tomorrow . I'll keep you posted .

Thank you all for your replies and interest .

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Gonzo,
I am in New Philadelphia, OH (I usually race at Mark's Model World in Canton on Wednesday nights) - would definitely appreciate you forwarding me the info! If you need my email address (verses posting here) - just let me know.
Thanks!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby gonegonzo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:50 am

Tusco ,

We might have raced shoulder to shoulder before . I also race at Mark's occasionally . It's usually on Friday night on the tri oval . I have raced an occasional Wednesday night race though.

Your about an hour away from me . I live in Wellsville , Ohio on the Ohio river. Just come down Rt #39 , it will get you here .

As soon as I get the race notice , I'll post the information here .

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:19 am

The brown track is an Ed Bianchi 4X12 wood slider track with braid. The corners are banked and the straights are made up of several sections. There are extra straight sections to make the track longer. Actually the table flips over and there is a 1/43rd track on the other side.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:32 am

Hey TuscoTodd! Your in New Philly?

Small world.

My Mom has a farm down off of 800 in Tippecanoe.

I go down there once a month usually to visit her.

Do you have a Ho or 1/32 home track yourself?

I run with a club of guys up in Berea.

I know a bunch of guys in the Youngstown/columbiana area too.

You know Noahracing or Carrera Kid?

I have met GoneGonzo at a Ho race years ago.

He is a nice guy.

Funny how our hobby links us all together.....

Talk to you!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop)
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 am

You guys might want to check this out.......

A lot of Ho there this Sunday.

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:05 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:07 pm

BPR32 -
Thank you for the scan of the flier! Hadn't heard about the show - will have to see if I can't "get free" for a little road trip that day! :D
Thanks!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BRP32 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi Guys!

Your quite welcome!

The Richfield show has a lot of nice variety in slot car items Ho and larger.

I usually come home with a bag full of goodies!

Hope to see you there!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Hey Tusco,

You ever go to Midvale for a little asphalt racing on Saturday nights?

What a blast that is!

:D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Yes I do!
In fact a number of years ago, I used to help on Rich Schweitzer's car! (winter build, repairs, crew during the races)
I have gotten out of being that involved, but I do make it a point to get down there a couple times during the summer at least. :)
Good times and good action!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale