[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Update- NEW Dash Chassis is Ready !

Update- NEW Dash Chassis is Ready !

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Update- NEW Dash Chassis is Ready !

Postby RichD » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:46 am

JAG Hobbies is now taking pre-orders for these cars, they are expected to arrive in November. The first ones will be rolling chassis I believe. I plan on putting guide pins and bodies on some to use as boxstock IROC cars.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Update- Dash Chassis is Not Quite Ready !

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:14 am

Posted late Tuesday evening....DASH (T-Jet)Update > Dan Cashmer Says - "the factory took considerably longer to attach the connectors on the bottom than was estimated. like 4 weeks longer than expected... All parts are now enroute to me and will hopefully be here in the next few days. then I have some work to do..."
___________________________-
Ralph's comment> ... how long will it take One man to press all the gears and wheels on 10,000 chassis ?
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Update- Dash Chassis is Not Quite Ready !

Postby BIG E » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 am

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

THIS IS THE WEEK !

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:42 am

FWIW, since nobody else has posted it yet ? JAG Hobbies emailed me on Sunday evening to inform me that DASH is shipping out his first completed chassis early this week. Jim told me that he is only getting 200 chassis in this initial shipment, and the people who reserved chassis come first(that's why I was notified).
Soooo... They're soon on their WAY- to the Three distributors !
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:35 am

I got the same message, I had ten chassis on pre-order. I will do a test on one of them "as is" with a body. I also plan on doing one with mild tweaks and another in full SS trim.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

from the Horses Mouth....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:33 am

DASH(ie-Dan Cashmer) Speaks> "please know that I am getting these out as quickly as possible. For those of you who order from Jag Hobbies and Slots n stuff, they will get their first shipment early next week. It will take me at least a month to get these 3 dealers their complete orders, so please be patient (yes, more patient than you've been)..." ..."there is quite a bit of post-molding processing that needs to be done. things that will eventually be fixed in the tooling but for now I'm doing it manually. Like in the rear by the crown gear. I need to file a little radius down otherwise the gear teeth hit it. There are other small things that need to be done but it all takes time.

Each chassis is personally assembled and tested by me. I'm using a variable power supply (usually set to around 12 volts) and running each forward and backward.

I refuse to let any of these escape my 'factory' and get into the wild before the get my 'Lenny Seal of Approval'. I am QC. If you guys encounter problems with your chassis, I'm to blame. I will also stand behind each one of them.

With that being said, there is still break-in that needs to be done by the buyers (you guys) to get these to run the way you want.

I'm exceptionally pleased with how all the pieces fit and work.

It's finally here..."
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

In the Public Hands....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:34 pm

The first T-Dash Chassis were delivered to Customers today at the Bob Beers show. General consensus is positive. Some complains that tires easily fall off the rims, and excessive gear mesh noise.... lapping and/or break-in should smooth out the mesh.
Photo above of actual- Delivered Production Chassis ! And YES, those are the Actual Wheels and Tires that will come on the chassis.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

More Pics of the Production Chassis....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:39 pm

Here are better pix....

Last edited by Ralphthe3rd on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Looks good in the pictures! Looking forward to hearing how they run compared to the NOS Model Motoring units that are still floating around. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Break-In Time !

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Somebody(ahem Mr. W) ;) , has his 1 day old T-Dash chassis, bolted to his break-in box...and it's seen here whirring away.
Image :handgestures-thumbup:
Last edited by Ralphthe3rd on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

comparo

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Changes....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:08 pm

From prototype to production, the changes...Top- Prototype chassis came with Wizzard Brushes and Wide wheels and tires. Production chassis below, comes with Auto World style Notched/Domed Brushes, and skinny black wheels, similar to Original Aurora Chrome wheels, and tires look similar to Original Aurora skinnies as well....

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

One Racers Review...so far

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:16 am

My Friend- (Mr. W.) who is a Serious Racer, and who will be traveling across the country soon to participate in the Fray in Ferndale, had the following to say about the Dash Chassis of his- Seen in the photo above on his Break-in Box....

"The armature looks like a Auto World 14.3 ohm. First thing I had to do is remove flash from the brush holes. The brushes were hanging up. All the holes on the gear plate and chassis are loose as a goose, crown gear and rims don't run true
I don't care for the pick up shoes they keep falling off. All things are fixable, when I have time I will tighten up all the holes and put in better parts before it hits the track......Oh yea the magnets are also loose in the chassis, didnt try others yet"
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Mr. W's Test Drive....

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:24 am

Mr. W writes > "....did a few laps out of the box ( except a little break in time ) The chassis has a lot of raw power and very hard to drive with the stock tires at 18 volts. Had to put on slip on silicone in the rear and it was a little better to drive. With a little work it going to scream, it has a lot of torque!!! If you want to run it with stock tires i recommend putting weaker magnets just to tame it down a little"
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:29 am

Took my first two DASH chassis home from Bob Beers' Super Bowl Sunday Show here on Long Island. The show was a huge success.
Yes, the chassis seem very stiff in the gear train, but they look very good. However, I'm going to wait before working with them until we finalize the specifics of our new LI club class. Also, I've got two big model car events (MASSCAR and NNL EAST) to prepare merchandise for, so that task will occupy most of my time for the next couple of months.
I look forward to the reports from everyone who'll be doing all sorts of tests and break in procedures on this first production version.
For me, it would be great if the chassis can be used for all the current Fray, ECHORR, ect. series. Then the remaining NOS chassis left in the world can be left for more traditional stock Aurora Thunderjet 500 activites! :>)

Have fun, guys... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale