[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Reduce Wear To Brushes & Comms

Reduce Wear To Brushes & Comms

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Reduce Wear To Brushes & Comms

Postby sirslotsalot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Last edited by sirslotsalot on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Reduce Wear To Brushes & Comms

Postby sirslotsalot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi Larry,

Conducta-lube is not solvent based and will not harm any components. I, nor any of my customers have experienced motor failure using it. Comms do not de-lam and brushes do not disintegrate.

Kihm
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Fri May 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Trial size samples are available. Just PM me if you are interested.
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Sat May 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Wow! You guys are really a "tough-sell" when it comes to trying new products.
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Mon May 20, 2013 10:17 am

Lubes like CRC 2-26 are great lubes but more for heavy duty switchgear applications. They are designed to have a high dielectric(insulating) strength so that the lube does not break down when high voltage is applied. Kinda overkill for a small slot car motor. Aerocar Conducta-Lube does not insulate but actually promotes conductivity and provides lubrication that penetrates the metals. Only small amounts applied periodically to the comm is all you need. I have tried VooDoo only to find that it strips the comm and brushes clean but provides no lubrication. I fried a couple of arms in the process. After that, I kept searching until I found Conducta-Lube. It is also very popular with model train enthusiasts. These are just some reasons to consider a trial sample.

My trial samples are free and I invite anyone interested to contact me. No harm in trying something.

Just email: info@slotcarexpress.com

Kihm
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby KnowtoriousWon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:29 am

This sounds like it is just what I'm looking for!
I was using some silicone TV tuner cleaner/lub by Channel Master but I'm running out & it hasn't been made for at least fifteen years (when was the last time you saw a TV with a manual tuning knob?). This really made a huge difference keeping the original Aurora T-jets running without needing to be cleaned over & over.
I'm not looking to make them run faster, I just want something that cleans & lubricates to keep the cars running smoothly.
I'll be sending an order in.
KnowtoriousWon

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Over a year ago, I contacted Kihm -and he sent me a whole bunch of trial size products to sample.
I won't discuss all the products, but just Conducta-Lube. I had never used comm drops before, but thought I finally give them a try. And at first I had very mixed reviews. Ya see, when I used the drops on my Inline slotcar comms, the results were fantastic ! ...but when I tried it on T-Jet comms, it totally gummed up the comm face...so i stopped using it, as I found only negative results. Since I have been having fantastic results with my Inlines, I wondered why I had problems with my pancakes motors, and eventually I found my mistake. On a pancake comm, you have to use this product EXTREMELY Sparingly, and let it Dry completely before using the car, otherwise the fluid will combine with the brush dust and make a messy slurry that totally fouls up the comm. But when used as directed, basically minimal application, a few hand rotations to distribute on comm, and then a thorough drying time, the results from the Inlines can be somewhat duplicated. Although my BEST Results are still with the Inline Motors.
Hey Kihm, I'm just about out of the Drops, got any more Free Samples ? :D
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:39 pm

PM inbound...
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to HRW HO Scale