[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Repaints during time off

Repaints during time off

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Repaints during time off

Postby Austin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:33 am

I love the 60's and 70's Trans-Am cars. I went to Patto's Place and looked for some Decals. Ordered 12 sets, got 20 sets of water slide decals. What a smile on my face, The colors are very sharp and clear. The writing easy to read. He did me good. Shipping did take 4 weeks. Next I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up lots of spray paint , DecoArt enamels plus a few more ho slotcars. Now while my wife and son are at work I will be very busy.

Photos coming soon. Blue cars first.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Repaints during time off

Postby slothead » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:51 am

Don't forget to call them before they leave work and ask them to pick up a pizza on the way home. Then you'll be in complete paradise.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Austin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:34 am

My First two, Penske Camaros
T-JET MODEL MOTORING body
Repaint as 1968 Penske Camaro early paint, raced once that I can with this paint

Auto WorldXtraction R22 1969 Chevy Camaro SS

Repaint as 1967 Penske Camaro paint

I need to learn to take better photos, will retake and repost, these suck. :angry-tappingfoot:

It's not the cars, It's me :violence-smack:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:45 am

See if these are better

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Very nicely done. I particularly like the #36. The Penske Camaros are great additions to any Trans Am field. Also prone to inducing an anxiety attack if near you on the starting grid.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:42 am

Those look great! Bravo sir! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Austin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Needed the 76 and 77 Dodge Challenger
These were easy as the main color was all ready the body color,

Little more clean on the roof

The #48 Blue Barracuda as raced at Riverside Feb 1970

I am telling you these are a lot harder to do then the 1/32 scale
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Great looking cars! Nice work!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Austin » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Working on this Firebird for the
Dec. 1 “George Follmer Classic” - ASRL Trans-Am at Ralph Spoilsport Speedway

4299806124_90d890b843-1.jpg

Just got more parts from One Stop Slot Shop (OS3)
OS3 Tornadoes - Balanced Arms
Slottech Motor Brushes
OS3 Anchors
TJT-W White Silicone-Sponge Rear Tires

The Chassis Dash

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:31 am

Added the front spoiler

The rear spoiler with Patto's decals

This car is fast and handles great

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:47 am

Nice work on all of them!
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby noddaz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Looking good!
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:56 pm

Ok, I have to ask. Why do the wheels and tires on HO cars stick way out past the body? I don't recall seeing this on any other scale cars. And, I don't remember this being the case when I raced HO cars back in the 80's. AfX and Tyco made some great looking replica cars back then. The first UOP Shadow Can-Am car I had was HO scale, even before I knew the history of the car. Same for the white and red L&M Porsche 917/10. Both were great realistic looking cars.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby onesixtyfour » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:11 am

The problem with T-Jet bodies, is that they sacrifice chassis fit for body type accuracy. The newer AFX bodies, such as the LMP and Ford GT40s, are very detailed and fit the Mega G+ chassis realistically. Unfortunately, new AFX releases are not going to happen on a regular basis. If you're looking for some really great 1/64 slot car bodies (I hate calling them HO because they aren't anywhere near HO Gauge), resin aftermarket venders such as Full Circle Hobbies, have some great cars.
Check them out.
onesixtyfour

Postby RichD » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:48 am

HO cars that are actually raced are not necessarily considered to be models. The cars in question are for the T-Jet SS class and those are popular with many clubs that race pancake type cars. The track of the car is set at the maximum amount that is allowed, while the body itself is closer to scale, so the tires stick out. HOCOC has a Vintage Tin class for cars where the track may not be wider than the body. Since a pancake chassis has to be wide there is no room for fat tires unless they stick out of the body, so Vintage Tin cars use skinny tires.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale