[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Looking for a pair of these

Looking for a pair of these

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Looking for a pair of these

Postby Austin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:56 am

AFX70605.jpg
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Looking for a pair of these

Postby RichD » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:39 am

Aurora AFX Speed-Loc to Tomy/AFX adapters? HO Slot Car Racing used to carry those, but I see that he is out of stock. Slot Car Central often has hard to find items, but the adapters were not listed there, I guess that you will have to try your luck with eBay.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Norman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:32 pm

Pretty sure I have some up in my garage, I'll check tomorrow. :think:
Norman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:05 pm

About time to go over and do some racing
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:37 pm

Yeah, unfortunately these are getting pretty scarce. Hopefully Norman has some in his garage that he'll part with. I've only got a couple of pairs myself that I use to combine AFX TOMY track sections all the way down to Thunderjet Lock and Joiner track, so I'm sorry to say I cannot help you. Whenever I see any configuration of Aurora/AFX/TOMY adapter tracks at the slot shows I try to buy them immediately. I very much enjoy mixing the old with the new to make up FUN two laners for running pancake motor chassis cars. I love mixing up Aurora "O" Gauge wide tracks, A/FX banked "S" curves, and cobblestone tracks, just to name a few. Hope you can find something out there, whether it be a slot show, private sale, slot supply website or the infamous ebay.
Happy hunting, and... Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Norman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:15 pm

I found a pair of those collectable pieces of vintage track for you, Don. :dance:
How bad do ya need them? :think:
Norman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:35 pm

I will let you win the next time we race.

Well it looks like they are priceless. None to be found any where.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:44 am

You could also try contacting Bob "Mr. Aurora" Beers.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Norman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:58 pm

I'll give them to you for what you paid for the Data Control Center. :auto-checkeredflag:

AND you have to let me win! :violence-smack:
Norman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:56 pm

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:57 am

I have met Bob a number of times at races, at the New York Auto Show and at his spot in the Slater Mill. I figured that if he did not have the adapters he would possibly know where to find some. In any cases when you see him give him my regards.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HO RacePro » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:07 pm

If you come up completely empty-handed you can make a pair of these. You need two straights -- one of each flavor. Carefully remove the power rails -- grinding off the tabs underneath with a Dremel tool -- cut off the ends of each straight, nice and square, and glue them together as two mixed sections. Trim the rails as required and reinsert. Dose the rails with a little superglue from underneath.

You can use plastic cut from the waste to reinforce the joint, gluing strips across the joint, underneath. Liquid brush-on glue works great. With care you can make the joint nearly invisible from above. And a track section as strong as one out of the box.

Welcome to the world of "Frankentracking". Once you learn the basics you can patch together all kinds of unobtainium track sections -- straights and curves. It is a world halfway between plastic and routed tracks.

Ed Bianchi
HO RacePro

Postby Norman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:47 am

Hey Don, can you let me know if you want these? :text-thankyouyellow:
Norman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:18 am

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:38 pm

I tried Bob Beers and my friend Andrew at Slots'n'Stuff here on Long Island.
Sorry, no luck for available pairs. Bob said the last ones he sold were pretty pricey by the time they sold.
I'll keep an eye out just the same. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale