[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - body for Tomy srt

body for Tomy srt

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

body for Tomy srt

Postby Fast_Eddie » Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Hello everyone :)

I was wondering if anyone knows ( and i bet someone does ) what bodies i can put on a Aurora / Tomy SRT race master chassis? Still pretty new to the hobby and can not match them up to anything i have on hand.
:text-thankyouyellow:
Fast_Eddie

Re: body for Tomy srt

Postby Fast_Eddie » Wed May 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Found this with google , not much help with my experience to this point

'' NARROW CHASSIS IS USED ON FORMULA ONE AND OTHER SLIM BODIES!''
Fast_Eddie

Postby Austin » Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu May 16, 2019 1:10 pm

If you have the SRT chassis with the tab on each side, you have many options. Just start trying all the Aurora AFX and Auto World X Traction bodies that you may have on hand. Many will fit, some will be just a bit too shallow since they were designed for the pancake motor chassis. Others may require modification on the lower front portion to clear the pickup shoe hangers. I run many SRT chassis in club races, they run as fast as the Super G+ chassis and have Neodymium traction magnets to boot. One of my favorite handling sports car bodies is the AFX Can Am type Porsche. Most of the AFX NASCAR stockers fit as well as street machines like the Trans Am Camaros and Firebirds, '55 Chevy, '57 Nomad, and the A/P Corvette. As I said earlier, just start trying different bodies to see what fits and what doesn't.
Also look at the rear axle assembly. There are 25T and 23T replacements available, and they will snap right in with the stock 7T pinon gear. Cars came with one or the other from the factory, but most all of the standard chassis had the 25T type, with the 23T supplied in the Indy/F1 style chassis. (More on those later).
As mentioned in an earlier reply, Jag Hobbies has a good inventory of bodies to choose from, as well as large suppliers like Slot Car Central in Syracuse. NY <slotcarcentral.com>
Perhaps you live in an area that has hobby shows within a few hours drive. Bring one of the chassis with you so you can test fit bodies while you're shopping. Attend those if you can, you never know what you may find there, plus you might make some new friends in the hobby... face to face! PM me and I may be able to help you with some show locations, I've been a vendor since the late 1970s.
If you have the SRT chassis with the slot in each side, they were designed for the Indy/F1 type bodies specifically made for that chassis. Don't be afraid to experiment and customize as you like - that's the FUN of car modeling, whether it be slot cars or static shelf models.
Hope this information helps you out, and remember... Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast_Eddie » Thu May 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Thank you so much for the reply!

A LOT of info in that post!
After a second look these srt chassis do not have the tabs. But I remember seeing '' body clips " online for this chassis , simple to add ?
Pretty much after getting hooked in the hobby I started first trying to learn all the different chassis types out there and how to work on them. Think i got the basics now and ready to move onto bodies :mrgreen: Have a few complete ho scale cars put together that I did myself. But really getting hooked on these srt's ! So fast ! :scared-eek:
Fast_Eddie

Postby BRS Hobbies » Thu May 16, 2019 8:15 pm

If the SRT chassis doesn't have any tabs than it's meant to be used with the TOMY AFX Turbo F1/Indy style bodies.
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Hi

tomy/SRT chassis witout tabs, they were made for Indy car or open wheels, they are 1.6 wheelbase, not to many body fits on those... however you can find some resin body could be fitted on those.
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Norman » Sun May 19, 2019 7:47 am

If you're up for a bit of a project you could buy a bare chassis with the side tabs and swap the running gear from your chassis into it.
Jag hobbies has bare Turbo / SRT chassis for 4.50.

SRT stands for Super Racing Turbo so the 2 types of cars used the same bare chassis.
That would open the door to using a lot more different bodies onto your chassis.
I've done the chassis swap many times and it's pretty easy.
Norman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:18 am

Didn’t someone make a Panoz roadster body to fit the narrow chassis?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast_Eddie » Sun May 19, 2019 5:37 pm

Fast_Eddie

Postby Fast_Eddie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Hey everyone :) Thanks again for the help! :)
Think I might have found something. Will a Aurora AFX Tomy F1, Indy, Super G+ HO Slot Car Body fit on my Racemaster Tomy Turbo slim chassis with no tabs?
Is a Super G+ and a Racemaster Tomy Turbo the same thing ?
Fast_Eddie

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:29 pm

No. You need specifically a TOMY AFX Turbo or SRT F1 / Indy style HO slot car body (as shown in the picture below). The Super G+ is more of a high performance chassis with a motor armature and the Turbo has a snap in can motor.
Last edited by BRS Hobbies on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast_Eddie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Fast_Eddie

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm

BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast_Eddie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Yea I'm finding out they are hard to find. Some just listed on Ebay but are being shipped from Japan :violence-sniperprone: So not going there.
Fast_Eddie

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale