Dash Chassis

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Dash Chassis

Postby Austin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:34 pm

I hear that dash has no more chassis for sale and will not be making any more so I picked up these while I could $20 each just so I would have them.

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Dash Chassis

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Don, they are still available, for now, Dan has stated he was going to stop in a year or 2. However, you have to be on his facebook page to get in on the sales. Bad thing is he is no longer accepting new members. He set this up to control somewhat the ebay scalpers buying 100s and selling them for $$ after he ran out. So you have to be in the FB group, and logged into his store when the sale happens. After he has received your request amount, he will unlock your account in the store for you to go in and purchase. everything has been with limits recently.

Chassis sale timeline for the next couple of months. This is tentative and subject to change.

FYI - All chassis will have the 3 lam 16 ohm arm unless otherwise stated.

Sale #1

Black chassis - 100 lots - no wheels - $950

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS SALE WILL NOT TAKE PLACE! ALL 1500 HAVE BEEN RESERVED.

Sale #2

After this, the next sale will be for black chassis singles.

This sale for singles will be on Sunday, January 27th at 6PM Central time.

There will be roughly 1000 black chassis available. If there are any leftover chassis from the 100 lot sale, they will be sold during this sale.

There are no limits. There are also no quantity discounts.

All chassis will have chrome deep dish wheels by default. If you want a different wheel, you can select it when you order. The choices are Deep Dish (default), 5 spoke, wire and turbine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sale #3

3 lam 16 ohm armature sale.

Sunday, Feb 3rd at 6PM Central.

No limits. No quantity discounts.

Sale #4

IROC sets - Red, White, Blue, Yellow.

Sunday, Feb 17th at 6PM Central time.

There will be 250 sets available. Limit is 5 per person first come first served.

Sale #5

Orange, Dark Green (original green, not the neon or 'lime' green)

Sunday, March 10th, 6PM Central time.

These will be sold individually, not in 2 chassis sets.

There will be 250 of each color available. Limit is 5 of each color per person, first come first served.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Norman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:43 am

Nice chassis & wheels!
Norman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby noddaz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:44 pm

Well then. I guess I will miss them. Fudge... :(
Last edited by noddaz on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:06 pm

They sure look nice! Amazing after all these years that the Thunderjet chassis is in such high demand.

Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:10 am

Thunderjets have been around for 56 years, production stopped 47 years ago with over 35 million having been made. I believe that Aurora was stuck with a very large number of them after the A/FX cars were introduced. When Aurora folded up REH acquired most of their inventory and has been selling that stuff ever since. It looks like they are finally out of NOS rolling chassis. Quite a few people bought NOS rolling chassis by the case, so probably there are still a lot of them out there. Some years ago Model Motoring took a shot at introducing a reproduction T-Jet called the Thunder Plus, I have never seen one of those, but I recall reading that there were problems with the armatures. The Thunder Plus is legal for some of the HOCOC classes. Johnny Lightning had their own version of the Aurora Tough Ones car, those later were branded as Auto World cars. More recently we have seen the T-Dash car, perhaps someone will pick up that business. Obviously all of the necessary parts have been sourced. I believe that Dan Cashmer has assembled a large number of cars himself, but no longer has the time to do more of them. Maybe in the future the cars can be sold as kits.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:59 am

Thanks for sharing the history of the Thunderjet. Do you think it's one of the best selling HO slot car chassis of all time?

Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:04 pm

They were up to 35 million T-Jets by 1966, I wonder what the total production was. I doubt that anyone else made more slot cars of any sort.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale