30TH annual SUPER BOWL SUNDAY SLOT CAR SHOW !!

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

30TH annual SUPER BOWL SUNDAY SLOT CAR SHOW !!

Postby BIG E » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:50 pm

One of the largest shows of this type in the country, specializing in HO slot cars both vintage and new, with all types of related aftermarket items available.
Contact show promoter Bob Beers at <auroraslotcarsbobbeers.com> for complete info. Huntington Hilton Hotel, exit 49 south off the Long Island Expressway (RT 495).
We have vendors and attendees from up and down the Atlantic coast as well as some Midwestern states. 60 packed vendor tables, over 400 attendees through the door each year.
Enter and look left, I'm one of the original six vendors and always the first table along the side wall - come and say hello!
See ya all there! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 30TH annual SUPER BOWL SUNDAY SLOT CAR SHOW !!

Postby BIG E » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:19 pm

OK, the NFL teams are set for Feb. 3rd. That's a week from this coming Sunday.
But, the slot car show is over and done well before kickoff, around 2 pm or so.
Remember, early admissions start at around 7 am, so you can get in and out before the crowd.
Hope we can get some first timers from the HRW forums to attend this event.
30th annual event - Bob says there may be a few surprises in store for the day.
See ya there! Looking forward... Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:20 pm

I'd love to go, except it's close to a 4 hour drive..I've often wondered why they never had HO slot cars at this event. There's room for both.

https://www.easternstatesexposition.com ... hobby-show
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Only 4 hours? Man, I drive a lot further than that to attend many shows. I realize that may be a bit too long of a trip for some, perhaps get together with a friend or two for a slot car road trip!
Don't want to sound like I'm beatin' a drum here (my alter ego in the rock'n'roll band), but there has been a lot of talk about this show on Facebook this year, and I've been told by some of the locals that they're going to be meeting some of their FB slot car buddies in person for the first time this weekend. We are expecting more than the usual 400 through the door this year, and I'm looking forward to our regular late Saturday afternoon slot car BS session with the out of towners before heading out to get an evening meal. We'll be hittin' the sack early Saturday night so we can be ready at first light on Sunday. I myself will be there at 6 am to set up, as there will be early admissions (of which there are quite a few) between 7 and 10 am. At 10 o'clock the doors open to the hundreds waiting in the lobby who have been buying, selling, and trading amongst themselves all morning and they pay their five bucks to get in the door. Then the action REALLY heats up! By 2 pm it's all said and done, and everyone heads home for a quick nap before some Super Bowl food and fun. We've got people flying in from the west coast, and plenty of New Englanders drivin' down, as well as attendees from the mid-Atlantic and mid Western states.

***** The big news I've been told is that AFX Racemasters is coming in from Nevada and will have an exhibit in the main lobby directly across from the ballroom entrance. I've also been told that there will be a 30th Anniversary goodie bag of sorts for all the paid entries to the show. I myself am still busy preparing cars, parts, sets, and accessories for sale! See you all there, safe travels... Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:23 pm

I would go but the Refs up there already threw a flag on me for "Out of town player".

I think I have grounds for a lawsuit.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BIG E » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Harry, you would have seen the show of shows. I didn't get the final head count from Bob yet, but I'm sure we set a new high mark. It was packed for hours on end. Early admissions started arriving by the dozen at 7 am sharp and it was all I could do to keep up with customers while still putting the finishing touches on my vendor set up. I had a bang up day, as did most all of the vendors, and couldn't do a full walk around the room until after 12 noon! When I rolled out at about 2:45 pm, Steve Russell from AFX was still chatting with HO slot car enthusiasts. I'm sure there will be videos posted on the FB monster and in other places, too. I was lucky to be able to buy the items I had ordered for pickup at the show. Man, the place was just crankin' ! A LOT of FUN, for sure! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale