HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Mark Donohue Tribute ASRL Race

Postby RichD » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 am

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Mark Donohue Tribute ASRL Race

Postby slothead » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:04 pm

I was checking this out and got confused because it's the same weekend as the World Series of Speed asphalt races at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park also in Thompson, CT. I thought the HOCOC race might be being held at the full size car races. I'm not an HO scale racer but have been to the tracks in Ashland, MA (Modelville Hobbies) and was amazed by the setup and speed of the cars.

I'll keep your series in mind and may ask if I can be a spectator at a race sometime since CT and MA are not too far from me in Maine. I'll gladly pay the entry fee to support the event.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby RichD » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 am

The venue for the Mark Donohue Tribute is practically a stone's throw away from Thompson Speedway. The races being at the same time is a coincidence, scheduling our races can be difficult. Spectators are always welcome at our events, no donation is required. Loaner cars and controllers are available if you would like to take a spin.
There is a huge difference in performance between the different classes of HO cars with the fastest ones being 3 or 4 times as fast as the slowest ones.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:31 pm

The race results can be found here: https://hococ.weebly.com/-results--standings.html

Spec Stock podium

Fairgrounds podium

ASRL TransAm podium
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale