[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Drag cars + Oval Track Cars

Drag cars + Oval Track Cars

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Hot Wheels to Drag Wheels + Oval Track Cars (pg 5)

Postby sweet » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:33 am

I agree Rich. I'm glad they left it the way it finished it's long career.
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby downtowndeco » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:20 pm

I just gotta try a couple of these. Any hints on where to find good HW prospects? I've looked on ebay but they're never the .99 you see them for in the stores. :) The catch 22 is you really have to dig through a lot of cars in the stores to find usable drag vehicles. :) Any other place to look?
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:56 am

sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:03 am

sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby downtowndeco » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:34 am

So there's not any magic place to get these cheap? LOL. It's actually kind of funny, because even at $10, a nice painted body is a good deal. We just get so used to seeing these in bins for a buck a piece. Will start searching!
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Wow, great cars

Postby RvE » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Sweet, my compliments on your fantastic collection of "Hot wheels" HO slot cars. I have never seen this done before, but I have always loved the scale look of many of the hot wheels drag cars. This is a great idea and you have executed it perfectly. I am a 1/32 slot car guy, but dont hold that against me. Thanks for sharing your great work,

Cheers RvE
RvE

Postby downtowndeco » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:22 pm

One thing I want to try is to knock just a bit of the gloss off the HW bodies using satin or dull cote clear spray.
downtowndeco
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Wow, great cars

Postby sweet » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:42 am

sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:56 am

sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:23 am

Photobucket is still working for me even though I only pay for it to be ad free. In your case it is too late, but you could have posted a link to your album, rather than to individual pictures. In addition there are aps that let people see Photobucket pictures that would otherwise be blocked.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 pm

sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby model murdering » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 pm

That blade just keeps going deeper!

Slung her out nicely Sweet ...touche'
model murdering
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Sweet, been keeping an eye on this thread, and have become very interested. In fact, I've bought a couple 4 gear chassis and some HW cars. Was looking at narrowing the width that you've shown, but have a question.

When you do narrow the width, do the rear tires end up running on the track rails? And if so, does it affect how the car runs?
Looking at the pic below, the pick-ups are almost as wide as the rear track. Thus my reason for asking...
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby sweet » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:22 pm

sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:04 am

Well ok...
As mentioned above, I got a couple 4 Gear chassis and some HW cars...

Following Sweet's example, I turned a free rolling Torino into a slot car. Total cost - $15.77 (includes shipping of the 2 chassis) and about 2 hours tinkering while watching TV.

The beginning...

Internals gutted and chassis test fitted...

Bottom view with chassis installed (wheels were narrowed up). As Sweet as mentioned, I was able to use the rear post (drilled and tapped) with an angled bracket, and superglued a front post to hold the body

Viola!!!

As I don't have any HO track, I've no idea how it runs. I did set it on my 1/32 dyno block and it does bounce around a bit. Will have to look into smoothing it out some... :banana-dance:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale