[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Controller Assistance

Controller Assistance

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Controller Assistance

Postby bookie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:35 am

Will be running mostly stock cars on a 40 foot 3 lane track. I'll be using a variable power supply up to 10 amps.
What OHM controllers should I be looking at.
Sorry for all the questions I've been posting, but I've never run HO before so this is a real big change. Heck I'm having trouble determining which car is what and what manufacturer is which. All the letters get me confuuuuused. AFX, T Jet, Super G.
Last edited by bookie on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Controller Assistance

Postby RichD » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:53 pm

You mentioned some HO cars, but you also said you have a 3 lane track, which might confuse some people. For regular modern inline HO cars that are run at 18-20 volts a 45 ohm controller would be the thing to start out with. The latest AFX Mega G+ cars need a 120 ohm controller, you probably could get by with a 90 ohm controller in a pinch. For pancake type cars like the original Aurora Thunderjet and the newer Johnny Lightning and Auto World clones of those most people use a 90 ohm controller. When it comes to cars and controllers one size does not fit all, so you might be better off asking about controllers for specific cars.
With respect to all the different types of HO cars here is a good reference: http://www.modelmotorist.com/web-content/idchass.jsp
You will have to click on each make and then look at the pictures.
If you have a power supply with an amp control always leave that turned all the way up.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale