[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - How not to remove paint on a resin body!!

How not to remove paint on a resin body!!

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

How not to remove paint on a resin body!!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: How not to remove paint on a resin body!!

Postby RichD » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:57 am

I had read several years ago that alcohol and resin don't get along. I usually don't bother stripping bodies that I am going to repaint, I just prime them and go from there. In the case of the body that you have I might have lightly sanded the decals first. Resin Dude made a body like that and Big Donkey Resins has taken over the business. The Big Donkey site has not yet been updated to include the Resin Dude Bodies however, but I believe that they are available.
Let us know how you made out with the 3D printed body.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:36 am

Yes, i believe it is a Resin Dude body, or Big Donkey now.

As soon as I get the body, I'll do a write up. :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby model murdering » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:59 am

Interesting how it terrorized certain areas, and others not so much; yet the decals are barely wrinkled. Was the body sealed with future or other clearcoat?
model murdering
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:00 am

If you were looking for the Saturday Night Main event 'Look' I think you nailed it.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:20 pm

I build mine in the garage and it gets a bit cold in the winter so I would paint a body and put it in an old food dryer to set up. I found that was a bad idea with my first resin body, it was a '63 Ford Falcon that kind of squashed down like a GT40. I tried to push it back into shape but it was never right.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Resin can't take much heat, if you need to straighten a warped body all you need is warm water.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale