[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Auto World Nascar

Auto World Nascar

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Auto World Nascar

Postby hillbilly » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Picked up a few of the Auto World Nascar Super III cars, They really aren't running very good, running on original AFX track with AFX power supply putting out 21 VDC. Do the cars need that much tuning or is my power not right for these cars. Hillbilly
hillbilly

Re: Auto World Nascar

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 pm

My experience with them Is they need a lot of work.
Once in a while I have one that's OK out of the box. Biggest issue I have had is that brass stud holding the big gear wobbles too much.
Check the HO forum there are several articles on how to get them to run better.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:00 pm

What is it about the cars that doesn't seem to be running very good? If they are sputtering than you may need to adjust the brush barrel screws.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hillbilly » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Mike and Brian you both are right the crown rear is rubbing the chassis and it does sputter, I searched the HO forum under SuperIII
for tuning on the car but couldn't find anything. Hillbilly
hillbilly

Postby RichD » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:22 am

The Auto World NASCARs are certainly nice looking cars, however they seem to have issues. I do not have any of these cars myself, however a member of my club works part time at a hobby shop and he bought a number of them at cost to use as IROC cars. He had problems with the gears and with armatures burning up. Before one of our regular races we did a test session with the cars and the one that I was using began to smoke.
I have often stated the opinion that you should not have to troubleshoot slot cars right out of the box. I did not have those problems with the first generation Auto World inline car that I have. I should get one of the latest examples to see for myself what the problems are and how those can be fixed. By itself poorly meshing gears can cause a car to overheat and damage the armature. Another possibility is that the motor brushes are too soft. If that is the case dust from the brushes can easily short the commutator and cause the armature to burn up.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Norman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:52 am

http://hcslots.com/2016/04/02/auto-worl ... i-hop-ups/

Here's a hop up video from Harden Creek.
Norman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eastside johnny » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:15 pm

"I have often stated the opinion that you should not have to troubleshoot slot cars right out of the box. "

Rich, That sums it up pretty well.
eastside johnny

Postby WB2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 pm

Been fiddling with these this evening.
Gear mesh is a problem. Cars ran much better with Life-Like rear axle.
I’d like to keep the factory wheels and swap out the crown gear. Does anyone know if the axles are knurled or plain?
The center of the wheel is not open to the axle. Any idea on how to pull one or both of the wheels so they can be reused?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer8nut » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Several of us at our local track in holly hill,FL have been working on them a while. Basically, we buy a kit for the super iii from viper. It contains a new armature, rear axle assembly and pinion. Add a set of tyco brushes and springs and you should be off and running. I clean polish the arm and clean everything, then put it back together. Go through a low voltage break in procedure to set the brushes. Unfortunately it is an additional cost, but more fun and reliable in the end then the previous version. Hope this is helpful

Rich :D
racer8nut

Postby vins123 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:10 pm

another way :) :) replace the Aw chassis by a Tomy turbo, sgp or swb mega g, easier to tune and almost endless possibility to them :)

Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:15 pm

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:22 pm

WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale