Winning Edge Tools

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Winning Edge Tools

Postby RichD » Sat May 20, 2017 8:54 am

Here are some Winning Edge tools that were posted on another slot BB. If someone knows how these tools are used I would like to hear about it.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Winning Edge Tools

Postby Racie35 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Pics aren't showing on my tablet
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat May 20, 2017 2:18 pm

They don't show on my tablet either. Maybe this will.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RV Racing » Sun May 21, 2017 10:49 am

Rich,

Most of the parts are components of the "Chassis Indicating System" produced by Winning Edge. I'm attaching an illustration from the Winning Edge HO Mechanics System Instruction Manual that shows (not very well) how they are used. The tools are clamped under the post on a surface plate, and then a depth dial indicator is used to check chassis straightness, commutator flatness, brush spring height, etc. The "Lift Jack" goes under the rear body post hole in the chassis to lift the rear tires off of a test track while you are polishing gears.

The quality of the machine work on the Winning Edge tools is quite remarkable, and I use them frequently. I purchased my set in 2003, and also bought a "Razor Roller" (used for balancing pancake arms), an ingenious gear press/wheel puller, and a battery-powered 18-volt test track that fits in a pit box.

Hope this helps!
Rick V.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Mon May 22, 2017 7:40 am

Thanks for your reply. One would have hoped that such nicely machined parts would have come with a better illustration. I would have used photographs if I lacked skill to do the illustration properly.
Scale Engineering makes a jig with a dial indicator to check pancake commutators for flatness.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale