Where are all the H.O. fans?

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Where is all the H.O. fans?

Postby Java » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:38 pm

dge467 wrote:.......... Post up some of your collection and track when you can Java. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum........!

Well, it's a long story, but all of my stuff is gone. I went to visit a track a couple of hours from me, and I bought a 1/24 flexi. They also have an old Aurora Tubby HO track. and I couldn't resist, so I picked up a Johnny Lightning '59 Impala Chinese t-jet clone to run on that. That's what really put me back in HO mode. I'm wanting to start collecting some Tomy AFX track so I can build my own track. I need to learn about photographing HO sized stuff, so I can contribute a little more here.
Java

Re: Where are all the H.O. fans?

Postby BIG E » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26 pm

dge467 wrote:Ernie, my dad and I have a vendor table or two this year. See you there! It seemed like there is a lot less posting in the HO section. I was wondering what happened to all the usual posters. I didn't know if they got out of the scale or moved to another site.

Hello again -- Great seeing you and your Dad at the RTS Model Expo in Taunton, MA last Sunday.
Wish I could have spent more time hangin' out and talking, but I was working the show solo, as you know.
Thanks again for the deal on the HO slot car bodies, they'll be put to good use, I promise you!
Hope you two were able to enjoy the show.
Talk to you soon, and thanks again... Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:33 pm

Nice to see you also Ernie! Thanks for the purchases and a big thanks for the tips on the newer T-Jet chassis! I swapped out just the motor magnets on a few of them and saw a vast improvement!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BIG E » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Glad I could help. See you next when? Are you going to the NNL East model car exhibition and vendor swap meet in Wayne, NJ on April 22?
Guess it might be further than you'd like to travel, but that is the largest model car show in North America.
Two huge vendor rooms and one very big exhibition hall with about 2,000 model cars, trucks, and bikes on display!
If you think you would like to go, contact me for specifics and a few helpful ideas about attending this great event.
Thanks again -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:08 pm

a few HO postings happening on other fora - I thought a post like yours titled where are all the 1/32 posts was almost warranted at one stage....

I think like everything things ebb and flow :)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TeamMadMarsupial » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:59 pm

LOL, first time I've thought of looking in here in some time. I believe a lot of us have moved to various FB pages. I see more H.O. related posts in one day over there than I did here in weeks. I believe there is more focus towards the little niches a lot of us seem to fall into.
TeamMadMarsupial
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tha50 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:49 pm

I just returned to ho in January after a 40 year lay off! Haven't turned the tv on since then either. Signed up on HRW a few minutes ago. Im having a blast with this stuff and plan on sticking around. Thanks to all those that share their experience and wisdom.
Tha50

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:27 am

Welcome aboard! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby sweet » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:42 pm

TeamMadMarsupial wrote:LOL, first time I've thought of looking in here in some time. I believe a lot of us have moved to various FB pages. I see more H.O. related posts in one day over there than I did here in weeks. I believe there is more focus towards the little niches a lot of us seem to fall into.

Same here.

But TuscoTodd's painting threads have me coming back!
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:21 am

sweet wrote:But TuscoTodd's painting threads have me coming back!

Glad you guys are enjoying them!
:banana-dance:

As a bit of a change up from the painting projects, I will be sharing pics etc in a couple weeks from Columbus, OH, where I will be participating in the 10th annual Ohio Cup race!
This will be my third year participating and if the last two years are any indication, it should be a GREAT time!
(54 racers from across the country racing FRAY type cars on a combination of three different tracks!)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Previous

Return to HRW HO Scale