FIRST TIME AT THE NEW "RACEWAY"

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

FIRST TIME AT THE NEW "RACEWAY"

Postby BIG E » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:49 am

Alright, Harry straightened me out with the new format and hopefully I'll be in good shape to continue "racin" with everybody like before. I'll have to cruise around a little to get familiar with the look of things again, being the "digitally challenged" racer that I am!
Any racers in the northeastern area should know about the first ever Hudson Valley slot car show on October 14, 2012. See the Bud's HO cars website for all the info (and lots of great deals!). He also has a list of many other slot car shows on the site.
Good luck to Harry and all the guys with the new deal !!

Enjoy the hobby... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: FIRST TIME AT THE NEW "RACEWAY"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Great seeing here sir.

You gotta be one of the best T-Jet setup men in the hobby.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: FIRST TIME AT THE NEW "RACEWAY"

Postby BIG E » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Well thank YOU, sir! I don't do the "FRAY" type stuff, but I guess I'm OK with the more conventional tune ups and light modifications. 50 years playin' with these things teaches you a few tricks and tweaks! When we have our weekly club races, I'm usually wrenchin' on at least 3 or 4 competitor's cars. More instructional things like pickup shoe tweaks, lubrication tips, tire choices, ect. It's mostly things that they're just not familiar with, really.

As Frank (from NY) has said before, we pretty much keep things to parts swapping and assembly/set up techniques. Slightly modified 'stock' T-Jets to ones with A/FX arms, magnets and gearing is usually the norm for most of the stuff we build. Realistic looking wheels with BLACK tires is also part of the equation. Even our A/FX type Magna-Traction stock car series uses a basically stock Aurora or Auto World chassis and body. Simple mods like better motor brushes, pickup shoes, slip-on silicone tires, and steel guide pins are about all that's needed for these cars to be pretty fast and reliable.

The "Fray" guys are like the Formula 1 of T-Jets, they're the smoothest running, best handling you'll ever drive. I believe they still run a 16 ohm or higher armature, and they really pick through a lot of them before putting all their efforts into one. CNC machined gearsets and front end setups, silicone over foam rear tires on delrin hubs with precision axles also adds to the great performance of these racers. I've been loaned one of these cars more than once, and like I said before, these things really do drive great! I personally just don't like the looks of them, they remind me of Parma's "Womp" cars. Absolutely the pinnacle of T-Jet technology though, I have to say.
So... thanks again, Harry, I've got to get back to the workbench!

Until next time... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale