[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Circuit Genovia

Circuit Genovia

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Circuit Genovia

Postby vabchrog » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:20 pm

vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Circuit Genovia

Postby RV Racing » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:47 am

This is going to be a great family project, Roger! Looking forward to watching your progress. Good help is hard to find!

Cheers,
Rick V.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:55 pm

VERY cool project Roger. You know I can't turn down a track with scenery!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby vabchrog » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:48 pm

No pics but an update. Cleaned and put clips on all the track however I was 5 short :(

Another problem cropped up I have a 2 inch gap so I will either have to franken a 2 inch straight or a 5 inch. Trying to figure out what would be the best long term. I think the two inch would be easier to stiffen and brace up plus I already have a pair of 3 inchers but would have to order some 6 inchers. Its a shame AFX doesn't make a 5 and 7 inch straight like aurora did.
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:52 am

Decide to see if I could reconfigure so I wouldn't have to franken a piece. I replaced the 9 1/4 inch curve on the back with two 6 1/8 and 3 inch straight. It looks good but I need some more clips which are on the way.

I placed some TJET Boxes and glue sticks an cardboard under the track to get a feel for raise portion. I like the height so far.

vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:40 am

That looks like it is going to be a fun course! Always cool when you can involve family in projects like this as well! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BIG E » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:59 pm

Cool little circuit Rog, did your granddaughter choose the name Genovia from the Ann Hathaway/Julie Andrews film "Princess Diaries"?
Nice project, hope you both have lots of fun with it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:28 pm

Bought some foam board at the Dollar Tree and found some pink foam insulation board in the attic.

Used the pink foam board as risers and cut the foam bard to go under the track. Decided to hot glue the foam and will silicone the track after the track is running smoothly. I got the inside lane working good but need a border to start testing the outside lane.

I had a hard time finding any cars that ran good its been so long since I raced on my track.

I also got some black foam board at the dollar tree. I will probably use it for the pit lane. I am going to redo it so its one continuous piece.

Off to get some more hot glue sticks and some weather proofing to use a temporary outside lane border.
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Found another Charade video from 1958 its an F2 race. Some different shots of the track

vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:59 pm

vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Its official Circuit Genovia is Kid Approved! Sensors are installed and working. I laid some more McMaster-Carr borders and am ready to lay the white and yellow lines then start on the scenery. My 3 year grandson Benjamin did his first slot car racing tonight racing an MEV Chaparral TJET against his sister Annie who had the TJET she built from the junk box a Ford Torino. Benjamin was beating her :) And my 2 year old grandson August who has been in the garage with me every night watching me working on Genovia and tuning some TJETs that have been setting for a long time got real excited.

Anyone have any broken controllers or power supplies with the new AFX plugs. I want to make two drivers stations and wire up the adjustable power supply and the Trackmate shut off relay.
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:54 pm

I added tape to Circuit white and yellow. I have on spot on the track I will have to fill sand and paint.

Can anyone guess what I am modeling with the red and white car below?

Time to start on the pits and figure out how I'm going to make the dirt berms. I'm going to glue and shape some pink foam for the hills.
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:26 pm

Worked on the track a little today and made a trip to the Arts and Crafts store. I'm making hay bales out of 1/4 Balsa Square Strips with white glue and crushed up Shredded Wheat. I also bout a foam wring and some tan foam square blocks from the flower arrangement section. I bought a piece of black foam board from the Wall-mart Market store the inside and outside are both black. I cut it to make a road off the Circuit. I made a cardboard template from a present box I bought at the Dollar Store.

Making hay bales

Add some white glue to the sides

Spread it evenly on the sides.

Then dump into into the Shredded Wheat. The first time it did not look right because I did not crush it up fine enough.

I glued some pieces of wood together to get double high hale bales. I haven't made them yet. Here is a picture of some on the track. Also you can see some of the tan foam blocks I shaped into a berm.

This picture is the foam ring I bought and cut into 8 pieces it matches up with a 6 1/8 pieces of track. I will have to see how it pints up. It pretty course.

vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:44 pm

Its the first foreign car to run NASCAR.
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale