[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Circuit Genovia

Circuit Genovia

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Circuit Genovia

Postby vabchrog » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Howdy everyone, time for an update. I went to Hobby Town and bought a couple rock molds and some Lightweight Hydrocal and some coloring tints all from Woodland Scenics.

I mixed the Hydrocal according to the instructions on the carton.

4 oz cold water to 10 ounces of Hydrocal

I put the water in a glass mixing cup and put into the freezer.

I poured the HYDROCAL into a paper bowl and used a casting table spoon to measure out 10 oz.

The directions said to pour the water over the Hydrocal and let it stand for 2 min before stirring. The guy at the store told me to follow the directions or the casting would crumble in my hands.

I sprayed the mold with water.

Then mixed the Hydrocal and pored it into the molds.

I did not demold until I came home from work the next day. I had to apply more pressure that I thought I would to get the rocks to pop out of the mold. I thought I might break them. The cool thing is if you break a piece off its just a small rock that can be used.

I then mixed up a small batch of HYDROCAL and used it to glue the rocks on. I sprayed the back of the rock and the place on the track where they were going to go with water then brushed Hydrocal on both places and pushed it down. I used my finger and a dry paint brush to smooth out the seams.

I let it dry for a couple days then mixed up the tints 16:1 for the burnt ocher and 32:1 for the black and yellow ocher.

I dabbed the ochers on with a q tip and a cheap paint brush for the black

If I get time I will be painting all the white with the flat brown latex I bought from Lowes
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:59 am

Great info and the rock detail looks AWESOME!
Thanks for sharing!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby vabchrog » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi everyone.

I painted the section with the rocks brown a while back. I hadn't had tine to anymore. I had the track in the den setting on top a toy box letting Benjamin and August play with it. My wide brought me a white piece of the dirt berms from the inside that August tore So I decided to finish up the inside dirt berms and cover them with plaster strips. Then I painted them brown. Still have to add dirt to them then that green areas. Here is a look.

vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:17 pm

vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Layed down some dirt on the inside and outside

Going to start adding some green and other colors this week end. I have to design out the right side of the track. I will probably rip up the asphalt from the pit area as I not happy with the height next to the track.
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:14 am

Added a little more last night. It needs to be painted and some rocks added.

Here is what I am modeling this section on

vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:30 pm

That is shaping up to look VERY cool!
Thank you for sharing the update shots. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Previous

Return to HRW HO Scale