Dumb electrical question?

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Dumb electrical question?

Postby john56h » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm planning a new multi-use HO track layout. I want a large oval, but the backstretch (the longest) will double as a drag strip. I got one of the AW 2-in-1 drag strips to use back there. Instead of the simple return loop, I plan a full track for oval racing. Also the infield will contain a roadcourse plus a dirt oval.

My question is this:
I'd like to be able to leave the drag sections in place even when racing oval, but I want the oval to run counter clockwise like ovals should...and the dragstrip needs to run clockwise due to the end of my table dictating that the drag strip be run that direction for veiwing the x-mas tree . So, will the two opposing terminal tracks cause a short in the track electrical systems? Or, if I only power up one termnal track at a time will I be okay?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
john56h

Re: Dumb electrical question?

Postby ChallengerGuy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:09 am

Just have a directional switch on the driver's station and heck you can run the lanes in opposite direction should you want to. As long as your driver's stations have that switch, you are good to go...but, FYI, if you are running a drag strip, the controllers are different...like a 0 ohm resistor basically...whereas for racing your oval you may want slightly higher impendance.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale