[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pro Series HO Supertires

Pro Series HO Supertires

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Re: Pro Series HO Supertires

Postby TGM2054 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Rich, if you still have some left, I would like to give them a try. Although most of my cars are set up for drag racing, I am building a small oval track to have some fun with.
Also are there any plans to make taller ones or to fit the Magna Traction or 4 gear cars?
Thanks.
TGM2054

Postby RichD » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Supertires already has a conventional square sidewall tire to fit the Aurora Magnatraction and JL/AW X-Traction cars. Those are the AFX 474s and AFX 490s. With those cars I have switched over to running Supertires Lifelike 450 tires on 0.300 inch wheels for a mounted diameter of 0.470 inch. The tires were made to fit 0.275 inch rims, they are therefore a bit more firm than they would be on those, but that combination does work very well. The tires that I used to use would get worn out after a few races, the Supertires should last practically forever.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 pm

22 sets of tires have gone out so far. It is still not too late to sign up for 5 pairs of free tires.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GenevaDirt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:00 pm

well...I came home today to find some tires in my mailbox...woo hoo...have to try them out this weekend...plus I am off all next week. Thanks again and for the extra stuff too. :banana-rock:
GenevaDirt

Postby racer6583 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Am I to late to get some supertires to try out,would love to see my friends faces drop when I take dead mans curve and not slide out of the grove and I might win one instead of being the first loser at the races.

PM sent.

Thanks

Rex

Btw thanks for the heads up I'll look into getting some 4gear chassie
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Raffle!

Postby GenevaDirt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:40 pm

GenevaDirt

Postby RichD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 am

You can post your review here on Home Racing World.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Times Up!

Postby RichD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 am

All 25 sets of tires are spoken for. Thanks to the people that have participated in this offer. Rember to post your impressions when you have tried the tires.

For the raffle I will enter the names of the people that post into Trackmate as if there was going to be a race. I will randomize the entrants and the name that ends up with the green lane will win 25 pairs of tires.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

More Tires!

Postby RichD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Good news! Supertires will be offering new stock T-Jet sized tires with rounded sidewalls. A test mold is in the works and when that is ready it will be possible to have as many as 15 different diameters. Some feedback would be useful at this point. What diameters would you be interested in? Some clubs only run tires that are the same dimentions as stock narrow T-Jet tires, but some people may be looking for something a little bigger or smaller. Once a likely range of sizes is determined test kits will be offered like they were when the Pro Series program started.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GenevaDirt » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Well....after running the tires for a couple of days...I have come to the conclusion that they are Supertires!
I myself like the firm and medium the best. But all 3 styles really helped out my cars. I was able to go into a corner much quicker and ran better lap times overall. I am looking over my needs with all my cars and will be buying soon. Thank you for the opportunity to try them before actually buying any.
GenevaDirt

Correction

Postby RichD » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:49 pm

The test stock T-Jet sized Pro Series Supertires will be made in a recycled mold and will have squared sidewalls on both sides. The production tires will have at least a slightly curved sidewall on the outside. These tires will have to be narrow and that does not leave any room for bulging sidewalls like the Tuff Ones sized tires and still have any contact patch.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Raffle Winner

Postby RichD » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:37 am

And the winner is............mowyang!
There were 11 entrants. mowyang please contact Slot Car Corner by phone or e-mail to claim your prize.
Stay tuned for a new contest that will be announced on Friday.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Photo Contest

Postby RichD » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:11 am

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alpink » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:16 am

Hey Youse Guise!
I got a sampler of SUPER tires this week and got some track time last night to try them out. I am not much of a racer, but I have to say these tires seem to work better than a lot of brands. I mostly drag race and the tires I got don't lend themselves to that purpose, but others at the track were liking the performance they got from these tires as we tested the whole lot I got. thanx for the bonus wheels which allowed me to test on a car that usually uses sili-foams of the same diameter and the performance was very similar. the track seemed to be emitting more dirt than usual and the SUPER tires got a fair amount of grip through that. the fall off of performance once they got dirty was dramatic, but all brands were getting dirty quickly and everyone had to stop frequently to clean. I wish I could say that these are heads and shoulders over the other brands (in some cases they are), however we didn't get time enough for a full evaluation, which I think would take days under various conditions and I am not a good enough circuit track (tempted to say roundy-round since I usually only go straight) racer to judge properly. but I was pleased and will purchase some more for other applications to try out. thanx again for the opportunity to try a new product and keep up the good work.
al
alpink

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 pm

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

PreviousNext

Return to HRW HO Scale