[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pro Series HO Supertires

Pro Series HO Supertires

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Pro Series HO Supertires

Postby RichD » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:14 pm

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Pro Series HO Supertires

Postby RichD » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Someone asked me if there would be a problem with the new Pro Series Supertires coming off the rims if you were using the 0.170 single flanged wheels and you happened to get oil on them. I tried a couple of tests, first I coated the inside of the tires with Wesson canola oil before I put them on the wheels. I suppose that, being a Car Talk fan, I should have used Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, but I was out of that. I ran the car around my track with the usual crashes and tire cleanings for 100 laps and the tires were still up against the flanges, just like they were to start with. I cleaned off the canola oil with some lighter fluid and repeated the test with a liberal coating of Superlube, but again the tires did not move. As it happened I got some new 0.170 inch diameter wheels from JW's HO Speed Parts today that were made just for the new Supertires. They are similar to the double flanged ones from Zoomin Motorsports, but they do not have nibs. The distance between the flanges is 0.206 inches, so the flanges will not stick out further than the sidewalls of the tires on the outside. The part number of the wheels is WO4D.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 am

I won a race using the new silicone Pro Series Supertires this past weekend. I will have to admit that I had the home track advantage, but several of the other racers had run at my place before. The Pro Series tires are now listed on the Slot Car Corner site, they are not in with the rest of the Supertires, you have to click on H. O. Tires & Wheels on the main page. The Zoomin wheels are also available, they will be listed soon.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:14 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby RichD » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 am

I understand that a number of clubs are going to be running slip-on tires only next year. It would not be a bad idea to get a head start on the competition by doing some tire testing before the season starts.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Free Tires!

Postby RichD » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Special Offer!

Supertires is offering five pairs of free Pro Series tires to the first 25 people that post a request. This offer is only good for people with US addresses. When you post I will PM you with instructions on how to get the tires.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bolts69 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:43 am

I would like 5 pairs of Pro Series Tires.
bolts69

Postby BobL » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 am

I would like 5 pairs of the red urethane of 344 size.
BobL

Postby Slot Demon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:52 pm

That an excellent offer for an excellent tire. Thank you for letting us know about this Rich
Trent
Slot Demon

Postby RichD » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:38 am

When you ask for tires be sure to specify the compound or compounds that you would like to try. The black silicone tires worked best for me but your results could be different. If you normally use rubber tires you could try some urethane tires. The tires do not all have to be the same size or compound.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lbishov1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi, I'd also like to try the new HO Supertires! Thanks
lbishov1

Postby partspig » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:59 pm

I would like to try the new Supertires also. pig
partspig

Postby RichD » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 pm

I believe that I have gotten back to everyone that has posted so far. A few people have not e-mailed me with their name, address and preferences. Eleven sets of tires have been sent out. I noticed that some people have posted for the first time, welcome!
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GenevaDirt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Hello...would like to try the tires out. A mixture would be fine with me...thank you
GenevaDirt

Raffle!

Postby RichD » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Time is running out! 18 sets of tires have been shipped out or will ship tomorrow. Six people have not yet gotten back to me with their info.

For anyone that has gotten free Pro Series tires via the latest offer and posted some feedback Supertires will have a special raffle. The prize will be 25 pairs of Pro Series tire, any combination of compounds and sizes. The closing time for the raffle is November 21st, 2012 at noon EST. The winner will be announced by 6PM EST. Good luck!
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale