[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

Re: 2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:18 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:40 am

AndGoliath

Postby arroldn » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:28 pm

Alan,
Thanks to you and your crew for getting the qualifying complete. 8th place not bad. Curious on the comment about body tilt on the #21. Is the body too loose or not loose enough? Now hope it move up the leader board on Sunday. :D
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:44 pm

AndGoliath

Postby arroldn » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:12 am

I see that. In the first picture of cars it looks like it is leaning but not in the second picture. Since I only had the car a few days before it had to be shipped does it have 2 screws or 4? Do the rules allow for adjustments to body screws between rounds? Probably not. Well it has climbed the ladder thus far so I guess I'll have to live with it crooked unless the race director chimes in and says it can be adjusted.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:12 am

Last edited by AndGoliath on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndGoliath

Postby arroldn » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:14 pm

David,
When Harry did a review of the Lola Coupe it had 4 screws. I wonder if 2 screws have backed out. Oh well. Too be fair to all we'll just let it finish as is. Maybe that is why it has climbed up the field. Looser body than when it started but obviously to loose on your track.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:44 pm

AndGoliath

Postby arroldn » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:28 pm

David,
Thanks for the update. Sounds good. I'll check it out at the end of the proxy upon return. It has been a pleasure seeing it move up in the standings.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby torquemutant » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Don't understand the "wobble" going on. Perhaps I need to cross my fingers that my McLaren finishes this series. :text-thankyouyellow:
torquemutant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:55 pm

Last edited by AndGoliath on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AndGoliath

Postby AndGoliath » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:55 pm

The 7th leg of the Can-Am Proxy has been run. Thank you for the opportunity to drive your cars. It was a great pleasure. Congratulations to all!

Here is a picture of the big board containing the raw results:

The lap totals are on the left and right sides along with the position. The next post contains a spreadsheet with the numbers and the final totals/positions. There were no ties. Please ignore the colours beside the car numbers. We use these for club racing. The lane colours are in the column headers. The lane order for each set of four cars is as follows (H = heat, YE = yellow, RE = red, BL = blue, and GR = green):
Lane:::: YE RE BL GR
4th car: H1 H2 H3 H4 (yellow => red => blue => green)
3rd car: H4 H1 H2 H3 (red => blue => green => yellow)
2nd car: H3 H4 H1 H2 (blue => green => yellow => red)
1st car:: H2 H3 H4 H1 (green => yellow => red => blue)

Here is the final finishing order:

Here are your volunteers:
Alan: host, marshal, and track prep;
Thomas: marshal and track prep;
Aaron: marshal; and
Kevin: marshal and track prep.

Here are three of your drivers:
Tom (blue lane),
Bob (red lane), and
Ken (green lane)

And finally, here are the cars with the cake and our Can-Am enduro trophy:

Last edited by AndGoliath on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
AndGoliath

2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Official Results

Postby AndGoliath » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Here are the official results:

Notes:
1) I detected no errors in the "big board" results.
2) The highlighting of the best lap time indicates the lane colour on which it was obtained.
3) We ran on all four lanes.
4) The lane difficulty from slowest to fastest is: yellow, green, blue, and red.
5) Alan's track is divided into twentieths. We rounded the lap count to the nearest tenth of a lap.
6) The racing was very clean. Drivers were allowing faster cars to pass whether it was for position or when lapped. All of the single car deslots I recall were flip outs and not hard. There were only a few adjacent car bump-outs and they occurred under the overpass.
7) We used identical Professor Motor low voltage club controllers with non-adjustable brakes.
8) Alan cleaned the rear tires before each heat. He changed to fresh tape between sets of cars.

I can do some further analysis of the results if people want, but I will wait until I get some requests. I have done it in the past and had no response so I do not want to spend the time if it is unwanted.
Last edited by AndGoliath on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 am, edited 9 times in total.
AndGoliath

2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Lane Analysis

Postby AndGoliath » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Here is the ranking of the lap counts and best lap times. I also included the position deltas between qualifying and race (green means your position improved) and between the qualifying time and the best lap time in the blue lane ("Tom Qual" means as if Tom had qualified the cars, green highlighting means they are close).

drw21, if you look at your lane rankings (laps and best time), you can see that you should be adding Bob and me to your Xmas list. arroldn, I can see that you won't be doing that.

Here is some further analysis of the calculated average lap times. A low delta time indicates a car that drivers came to terms with quickly and/or that did not deslot as frequently as others. I also ranked these.

Last edited by AndGoliath on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
AndGoliath

Yellow Lane Driver Feedback

Postby AndGoliath » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:51 pm

Here is the feedback I quickly jotted down after each heat from running on the yellow lane:
Handling: "Loose" or "Tight" applies mostly to the low and medium speed corners. This is more than a little subjective since it also depends on how quickly a driver adapts to the car. In qualifying I did not have as much time to adapt.
Throttle: I was on the tightest lane for the long sweeper (~42 inches radius in this lane). "Full" means I could hold the throttle wide open around the whole curve. "Lift" means I had to go completely off throttle and back on in the middle of the corner to prevent the rear from sliding out. "uLift" (that's micro lift, in case you are wondering) means I just blipped the throttle partly off and went back to full throttle. "Early" means I was able to accelerate from the end of the 180* corner before the sweeper. If it is absent, then I had to wait for the straight or else the car wiggled when it went through a gentle wave in the slot after the curve. Just so you know, I try to quickly and smoothly roll onto the throttle. I am not "punch it" kind of guy.

In mostly qualifying position order:
#33, #35, #10, #18, #52, #2, #8: Tight, Full
#21: Tight, Full, Early
#1: Loose, Full
#4: Tight, Full, Early
#3: Very Loose, Full
#70: Tight, Full
#76: Tight, uLift
#12, #7: Tight, Full
#65: Loose, uLift
#66, #25, #99: Tight, Full
#9: Loose (low and medium-speed) and Tight (high-speed), uLift
#5, #63: Tight, Full
#47, #6: Loose, Lift

Hopefully this is helpful.
Last edited by AndGoliath on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndGoliath

PreviousNext

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy