[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

Postby AndGoliath » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:41 am

Round 7 is being held in Calgary. It is being hosted by the Rocky Mountain Racers on the Aldorado track in the home of club member Alan.

As Alan does not participate actively in the forum, I will be assisting him by providing updates through this thread. Neither of us is active on social media so we will be figuring out what further updates can be provided. Alan determined that the brightness of his lighting precluded streaming.

Schedule and Status (Updated Oct 11 1327h MST)

Receipt of cars
The cars were shipped Sept 25 and were received by Alan on Sept 30.

Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair
The cars were inspected, maintained, and/or repaired by Alan and David on Oct 1 and 2.
BARC's car was been sent to him on Oct 1.

Qualifying
The cars were qualified Oct 2 by Alan (host/marshal), Thomas (Marshal), Kevin (marshal), and David (driver). The results are near the bottom of the second page of this thread.

Race
The cars were raced October 6. The results are at the bottom of page 3.

Shipping
Alan drove to Edmonton and dropped off the cars on October 9.

I will be updating this post with the current status. We are looking forward to racing your cars. Good luck to all of the competitors!

Regards.
Last edited by AndGoliath on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 18 times in total.
AndGoliath

The track

Postby AndGoliath » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:46 am

Particulars of the track:
+ Lap length: 45’-10” (13.97m) corrected
+ Lane count: 4
+ Lane spacing: 3.375” (8.6cm)
+ Paint: Behr Flat (Home Depot)
+ Track size: 12’ x 14’-6” (3.66m x 4.42m)
+ Longest straight length: 8’ (2.44m)
+ Sweeper section length: outside lane 18’ (5.49m), inside lane 16’-10” (5.13m)
+ Tightest turn radius: 8” (20.3cm) - two 180 degree turns
+ Widest turn radius: ~52” (1.3m)
+ Timing system: software Race Coordinator, hardware Viasue
+ Subdivisions: 20
+ Track voltage: 10V (variable)
+ Conductor: 6mm copper tape

I tried my best with the attached photos to give an idea of the track layout. Unfortunately, they make the track appear tilted, but it is actually relatively flat (slight banking at the curves) and the s-section overpass being the high point of the track. The cars on the track indicate normal track direction. The "signature section" is the slightly banked 10 degree left / 100 degree right sweeper between the two 180 degree turns. Well-setup fast cars can traverse this section at full throttle in all four lanes (as can poorly setup slow cars ;) ).

ImageImage
AndGoliath

Re: 2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

Postby wanabgts » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks for starting the thread, this looks like a track my underpowered little McLaren might be able to deal with!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Giddyup » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 pm

Should be interesting to see how these cars fare here.

Having driven on this track, it’s a pretty straight forward track - what you seee is what you get. No quirky off camber, crazy stuff.

I’ve pulled low 4 sec laps in the 4.3 range with my standard set up Group 5, Slot.it Grp C and NSR Classic class cars. I’m going to predict some mid 3’s for these CanAm monsters.
Giddyup
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:16 am

Thanks for putting up this thread, David. We're looking forward to your updates as you and Alan prepare for this Round.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:26 pm

AndGoliath

Postby Cgyracer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:30 pm

Cars were mailed today to Calgary. Enjoy!
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:47 am

Thanks Rob!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:34 am

It would be great if you could mail the car home. You have a PM, with mailing info.

After working on my GT3 car I realize this Can Am entry is no where close to what was required. For that reason, I doubt I will fix it, and instead just withdraw it.

Thanks for your attention to this
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am

AndGoliath

Postby AndGoliath » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:10 am

I am updating the first post in the thread with minor schedule/status updates as I receive them. The next major update will be when the cars arrive. I will separately post when that happens as the schedule will significantly firm up then.
AndGoliath

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:16 am

Thanks for the updates, David.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:42 am

David, what kind of tires are normally ran on this track? Just curious for my own data, and also because that surface looks so clean!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:45 pm

AndGoliath

Postby wanabgts » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Thanks for the info. I am mostly just trying to keep track of how my car does on rubbered in tracks that consistently run them vs. Other mixed tire tracks.

I appreciate you taking the time, I look forward to the race!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy