[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 3 Woodland Trace Raceway - NC

2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 3 Woodland Trace Raceway - NC

Re: 2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 3 Woodland Trace Raceway - NC

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 pm

Thanks for the comments guys!

Due to unforeseen circumstances tonight's race will have to be postponed until next week. We should be able to run it either Wednesday, July 10th or Thursday the 11th.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Gentlemen,
I regret to inform you that SCANC will have to postpone the Can Am Proxy race for one more week. Too many drivers are out of town this week for us to be able to conduct the race. We will have the race completed with a full report and video of the race highlights by the end of next week.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:05 am

Looks like the race is on for tomorrow night! I will try to have results posted by 11 pm EDT, Wednesday.

And look for a short video by the end of the week.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:02 pm

Great to hear, thanks for getting it done Steve!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:55 pm

After three grueling hours battling it out on track we finally have our race results!

As is usually the case, the race results differ somewhat from the qualifying results.

There was no doubt amongst us SCANCs that the cars that qualified 1st and 2nd would finish the race in the top two positions. These two cars were quicker by a good margin in qualifying and both were very easy to drive. Several of us thought the #35 car might edge out the win as we all agreed that it was just a little bit easier to drive than the #33 car. But as it turned out Brumos #33 Silver Bullet took the checkers, ahead of DRW21's #35 McLaren by just 1/2 of a lap. A very close race for the win indeed!

The battle for 3rd was even fiercer. But this battle was not between the cars that qualified 3rd and 4th. Instead, it was the cars that qualified 6th and 7th that were vying for that place on the podium. I'm referring to CGYRacer's #10 McLaren and Audi1's #52 Lola T70 Spyder, with the #10 car beating out the #52 car by less than 1/10th of a lap!

A hearty congratulations to all of the podium finishers and to Audi1 for his near-podium finish.

There are some general comments I would like to make...

1) Several cars had guides that were very tight, possibly causing some drag in the tighter corners and definitely slowing down the marshals who had to right the guide before re-slotting the cars.
2) Of the seven cars that finished near the bottom, five cars had tires that were not glued to the rims and two had tires that were glued insufficiently. A few of these cars were smooth and quick down the straights but suffered in the corners.

I have a few hours worth of footage to peruse and edit over the next couple of days. I hope to have a short video of your cars on track posted by midnight Friday.

Thanks to everyone for participating in this proxy. It was an honor to drive your cars!

Last edited by Fast Co. on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Fast laps were as follows...

Red 5.931 Brumos #33
White 5.838 DRW21 #35
Blue 5.871 Steevee W #65
Yellow 5.797 Brumos #33
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:08 am

Thanks for a competitive round, Steve, and “well done” top finishers. It looks as though 9 of the top 10 are ThunderSlot, with the top 3 being McLaren M6A versions. Sir Smoke’s McLaren is the lone Slot.it that managed to hold its own among the ThunderSlots.

Congratulations to the team at Woodland Trace Raceway.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 am

A BIG Congrats to Tony (the other Tony) brumosRSR for nailing the top spot on the podium at Woodland Trace Raceway!! How does that one feel?

Tony and Dave (drw21) pulled a horizon job on the rest of the field - by about 5 laps - that's huge!

Congrats also to Rob (cgyracer) on his 3rd place finish!

Nice job guys!!

This Round will certainly tighten up the leaderboard.

Thanks to Steve and his experienced team for hosting Round #3 for us! :text-bravo:

Next stop - Round #4 at Pebblestone Model Car Circuit in Irvine, CA with Dennis (gascarnut).

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:19 am

Last edited by Fast Co. on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modernslots » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:35 am

Awesome video Steve! I hope this gives the entrants a feel for how much fun it is to drive at your track and how great their Can-Am cars looked during the race. Steve had everything well organized, and as a driver, I enjoyed racing all your cars. Thunderslots like Woodland Trace raceway, and #33 and #35 really liked it!! :text-bravo:
Rob
Modernslots

Postby arroldn » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:01 am

Steve,
Thanks to you and your crew for running this session of the Can-Am Proxy. Congratulations to Brumos, DRW21 and CGYRacer on their podium. Thanks to the drivers for getting my #21 in the top ten. Not far off the pace of some of the top proxy builders. :doh: Now how would this car have run if I'd have put some zero grips or nail polish on those stock front tires? Oh well there is next year :)
:text-thankyouyellow:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 am

Steve, than you and the SCANC team for hosting round 3 on such an amazing track. Congratulations CgyRacer and DRW21 on your podiums as you gentlemen have built some incredible cars. Also thank you SCANC Team for getting the most out of the 33. It's my 10th career win and 5th pole so Audi 1 it feels GREAT!!! And thank you all for the congrats. This race has tightened up the standings and up and down the grid so good luck to all the builders in race #4.
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am

You're welcome! That's one fine automobile!

Here's a photo of the podium on the corkscrew.

Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Steve - I LOVE your track and have really enjoyed the updates. The video is high-quality and awesome to watch! Great job on that!

This proxy has some incredible cars in it and I really enjoyed seeing them on your track. Thanks for sharing!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby wanabgts » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Well not as good as i was hoping. But the second highest Slot.it car is something.....

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy