[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 CanAm - Round #1 - The River Run

2019 CanAm - Round #1 - The River Run

2019 CanAm - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby Audi1 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:55 am

Here's the initial information on the first Round in this series.

Bob Bianchi from Slot Car Corner will be coming down to do the qualy/comments honors mid-next week and we're planning the race for the weekend of the 11th/12th

The River Run is a routed mdf 3-lane track; 65' average lane length with a sanded flat latex surface and braid rails. The qualy and race will be run at 10V. Results of the qualy, with comments about overall car performance, will be posted on the same day.

I'll be running tech and scrutineering this weekend and will post the results as soon as I've completed looking at all the cars.

I have a feeling that the current track record: 5.495 sec. will be broken by one or more cars in the qualy session...…………… Stay tuned!

Good luck to everyone in this series!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2019 CanAm - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby Fast Co. » Fri May 03, 2019 12:08 pm

Looking forward to the results of qualifying!
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Fri May 03, 2019 12:19 pm

Bob is doing the qualifying? Is he qualifying qualified?? A qualified qualifier? :D

As the rubber meets the road: as a non-entrant I can happily wish good luck to ALL entrants!

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Fri May 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Thanks Alan, will be interesting to compare to the Group 5 cars that just ran at your place recently.

Thanks for organizing this proxy!
Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Fri May 03, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks for update, looking forward to seeing how my first proxy car stacks up!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Fri May 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Alan
It will be interesting. Really curious to see how they compare. On my track my car was still consistently 3/10th slower per lap than the Group 5. That being said there are a lot better builders out there then me. My short fall is i could not get the same level of adhesion with the tires....let's see what happens. Good luck to all!!!!!!!
Aloha Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:38 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Sat May 04, 2019 10:56 am

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:56 am

Who? Bob?
Well it's Can-Am so, it is a rubber down drag race from Corner to Corner!
:banana-dance:
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Sat May 04, 2019 11:15 am

Gotta love that #70! My vote/guess is the track record gets lowered.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:35 pm

Its a good thing the driver of the #70 car has a full face helmet, otherwise he'd be getting a whiff of burning rubber
(more trash talk)
All the best guys, this proxy is a great idea!
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:15 am

Qualy this morning - race Sunday morning!

Stay tuned...….

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Tue May 07, 2019 8:04 am

:banana-dance:

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Tue May 07, 2019 8:50 am

Excited and very nervous, I spent an enormous amount of time on two cars for this series, and I am doubtful that I chose the right one for the event. First time for me with a metal Plafit chassis and a proxy car that weighs 100+grams, but the Eastern tracks have been my nemesis, so I was determined to try something different.

Go big or go home & not playing it safe....my mottos for CanAm 2019!

Good luck to most of you! :D

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Tue May 07, 2019 9:09 am

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy