[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 Can Am Builds

2019 Can Am Builds

Re: 2019 Can Am Builds

Postby DRW21 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:42 pm

Looks great Dennis, really, it does look good.
To bad about having to use ball bearings to keep up with a plastic chassis'd car.
These Thunderslot cars are gonna light your fuse bro.
I can smell smokeio's end bell melting already and that's before we all get to qualify.
This is gonna be another great proxy, Thanks to all the entrants and organisers.
All the best for every one.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:21 am

Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:52 am

OK I decided if I going to run with the big boys I needed a big boy toy. This came to the house yesterday and shattered the track record by 3 secs. 20 laps 52.66 Secs Fast Lap 2.32 secs. Basically Stock with 7 grams of lead added. May add 4 more grams up front. Do you guys glue the tires? I have never used the air wheel before. I just hope the setup translates on wood. I did nick the guide at the tip before I adjusted the front wheels. Was smacking hard in 2 places on my Scaley Sport track.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:28 am

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:51 pm

Well I will not have time to order the slicks and make the deadline. Will glue and true the treaded tires.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:12 am

Good to see the banter! Side bets, with the proceeds, maybe, going to HRW - now that's an attractive idea. I'm in for $10.00 on the winning car...…………….

Shall we start a little wager table...………………?? ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:54 am

I bet the #21 will make the field. Opps wrong proxie. My new bet is I will not be in the bottom 5. Um just read field of 32. I may raise that to the top 20. Now that is taking a chance. :think:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:39 am

I'll bet 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange car finish in the top 3 in no specific order in Race 1.
5.00 torwards a SCC gift certificate and 5.00 to HRW if I lose.

Bet #2 the number #33 finishes the Proxy without a repair being needed. (Check my track record lately) 5.00 towards SCC gift certificate. You will bet I will need a repair.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:15 am

I do not know how the wagering goes but I believe that the top three finishing cars will have a 3 a 7 and 0 in their registered numbers. Figure I have most of the field covered with Sir Smokeio, F1 Fan, Gas Car Nut and a few others. My friend Brumos that gives you lots of validation with two #3’s. It should be fun and there will always be surprises
Aloha

Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Phew, what an exhausting project! I doubt my effort will be worth it, but this has been one challenging build! Hours and thousands of laps, and the only thing I know for sure is, that I am more confused than ever!

The first attempt was a TS McLaren, and even my best efforts could not get the car to run the way I wanted using the horsepower I thought was needed to compete in this series. Tried several versions of the Thunderslot chassis and motor pods, tried both Ultra and Supergrips and several motors and ratios.....maybe too many options!

Painted the body in an "easy to see" green, and also just to annoy Smokeio...... :D

Since I have seen the success of the Plafit cars in the Group 5 proxy, I have been tempted to try this chassis. It is a very different philosophy than my previous proxy builds, much heavier and no chassis flex.

With some guidance from Camber (an Australian Plafit guru) I started the project........ :o (can you say %^$#!) - just getting the body mounted was a couple of days!

The Thunderslot Lola and McLaren uses the same chassis, but the straighter sides of the Lola made mounting the Plafit chassis slightly easier, so I decided to build and paint a Lola white kit....in my more traditional Lucky Strike colours.

Here are a few of my past Can-Am proxy entries....#44 917 NSR for my first ever proxy a few years back and it was useless, it came last, or almost last in the series, but I did win a nice book for taking the Concourse. Beside it is my Matra that won the series a few years later, I am super proud of that car since I was the first Canadian to win the CanAm.

And at the end of the day.....laptimes are about 2/10 SLOWER than when I first started with the McLaren :o :angry-tappingfoot: ....in an ideal world I would have used a higher RPM motor, but the only motor that I had on hand (an online order would not have arrived in time) with the right RPM/Torque combination was a 25k Scaleauto and so it goes! Let's race....?

Good Luck to most of YOU! :D

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:23 pm

Chris, I can change that motor out for you when your car arrives...……….. I have an SCC Tuna that's all wired and will, without a doubt, not overpower that Plafit chassis. Let me know what you think; thanks! ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:25 pm

The kindest proxy host with generosity that knows no end.....thank you...?
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:09 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy