[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

Re: 2019 Can-Am Proxy Round 7 Calgary AB

Postby Audi1 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks Alan, David and crew for running Round #7 for us! You guys ran a great Proxy race in your first appearance as a host track for this series.

Congrats to the podiumites and a big shout out to Arrold (arroldn) on his third place finish! :text-bravo:

Onward and upward - or downward - as the case may be. Three races left in this series and the next one is in Edmonton with Radarek and crew.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Wow my little leaning Lola got a podium. What can I say but thank you David and crew. 8-)
I see in race trim it went from being loose to being tight.

Hats off to Brumos, and Drw21 who are just kicking butt in this proxy. What happened to Smokeio?

Are there more podiums to be had? Stay tuned slot car proxy fans 8-)
Last edited by arroldn on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Thank you David and your team for running the round quickly. Your reports and attention to builders questions and maintenance is greatly appreciated. Additionally, thank you to the Drivers for getting everything possible out of the cars. Apparently CourtneyS got his wish and I got mine, thanks for storing my car next to DRW21 (Dave). Congratulations, Wannabgts on your near podium and best finish, ArroldN on your podium as that car continues to get stronger regardless of how it sits on the body screws.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Courtney s » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks so much for the great run that’s the only downside about a proxy I don’t get to play enough slot cars! And the big 3 you have my respect. My final request when you ship the cars put my car right next to Brumos.
Courtney s

Postby Giddyup » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:30 pm

Great cars folks, what a pleasure. I’ve been hosting and participating in proxies since ‘08 and I have the say this is THE best field top to bottom! All great! I especially enjoyed the McKee, Ti22, 2J and the 612p...all great CanAm cars. That 2J was one of my top 3 to drive today.

Pretty clean day for all the drivers, I tried to wring as much as they cars would allow in the Blue lane. I have to say my favorite was the #21 blue Lola. It was an out of body experience as she just stuck and went and went and went. Tony’s silver car definitely had the beans and then some. DRW’s was mighty as well. The #99 and #1 Lolas were some of my other favs.

Someone asked about Smokieo’s car? While it was smooth and had nice roll out, it impacted how aggressive you could dive into a corner. Just an example, I also to breathe the throttle through the sweeper to keep the back end in check vs the top cars wreufkat out.That’s where the top 3 were flat out.

The #5 Mclaren was REALLY enjoyable to drive. I was surprised to see her so far back, but this IS a tough competitive field...so much parity.

The #7 from F1Fan was awesome in the corners with great grip (I’ve come to expect this of Chris’s cars), just not enough motor and acceleration to compensate for its weight.

And a special shout out to Zach for his McLaren ...wow, for a newbie, unbelievable!

Speaking of shout outs...to Alan for hosting and providing eats, David for keeping things organized and posted her. As well to Kevin, Thomas for helping out on qually and marshaling today along with Aa-Ron. And to No Hands (green lane), The Badger (red lane) along with the Shadow (yellow lane) for providing some entertaining heats as we were often 3 and 4 wide with some fantastic side by side racing lap after lap.

We race again in 2 weeks time on the same track with our Thunderslot-Slot.it-NSR-Policar Classics class...I doubt we will be anywhere near this fast!

Cheers, eh!
Tom
Last edited by Giddyup on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giddyup
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:53 pm

Thanks for the shout out, I am very pleased with this run! The battle between Arrold and I was only .5 laps after 163!!!

Awesome race coverage guys.

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:54 pm

Tom,
Thanks for the comments on the Blue Lola. I am impressed with this Stock ThunderSlot.

Correction: Just checked the build thread. It has NSR rear tires on it. Must have finally did a good job with the truing or over time they have trued themselves.

Wonder how it would have done with more cowbell!!!
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:35 am

Last edited by AndGoliath on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndGoliath

Postby bov » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Hey - I came 2nd in that heat!!

There's life in the Zep-Mobile yet!
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Thanks to the guys involved with round 7 in Calgary Canada.
This is one of the best proxies I have entered with so many cool cars and great tracks with awesome hosts - well done guys.
I now know I should have gone a bit more butch in the motor department but its still a great series for true CanAm cars.
I do have a Christmas list but will have to update it now.
Well done to all the organizers, hosts, drivers, marshals and builders.
Lots of very close racing in this proxy - great to see.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GT6 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:36 pm

David, Alan and all the Calgary crew, thanks, great job. Congrats to Tony, Dave and especially Arrold for their podium placings. Those Lolas seem to be coming on the deeper we get into the series. Given the field, I'm happy with 9th - this is a tough crowd. As a number of entrants have mentioned - bigger rubber band next year, just have to figure out how to keep it nailed to the track like this year's car.

cheers
Scott

P.S. David, what is a SPARE statistician? As I'm sure our friend Alwyn will attest, one can never have too many statistics so it would follow one can never have too many statisticians, therefor I can't imagine what a spare statistician would be :D .
GT6

Postby AndGoliath » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:37 pm

AndGoliath

Postby Doubl-B » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:45 am

Giddyup - thanks for the shoutout on the #5 car. I had high hopes for this Thunderslot proxy but I brought a knife to a gunfight...

You guys must be really analytical because that sure is a lot of datapoint collected! I don't think I've ever seen a proxy race commemorated with a cake! Awesome job hosting and thanks to all for a great round!

BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AndGoliath » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm

AndGoliath

Previous

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy